ATAR Estimate - Is this 60+ worthy? (1 Viewer)

Dedication_

HSC
School Rank: 170

Standard English: 3/50
General Mathematics: 29/56
Biology: 22/37
Chemistry: 6/8
Engineering Studies: 3/6

Can I achieve a 60+ ATAR judging from these internals, excluding the thought of externals as of yet?

medicore

HSC
DUDEEEEEE YES! YOU'RE RANKED 2ND FOR ENGLISH. DON'T GIVE UP HOPE YOU'RE LOOKING AT A 75 - 80 imo.

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
Yes, in my opinion you are well above 60. The average ATAR is roughly 75 and by your ranks you seem to be just above average. So I estimate high 70s-low 80s.

Finish strong, boy.

Dedication_

HSC
Are you guys serious? WOW! I'm going to study so hard for the HSC starting tomorrow. GET AT ME! Thanks for the heads up people! I hope to do B of Business/Commerce double degree. Hell yeah!!!

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
Are you guys serious? WOW! I'm going to study so hard for the HSC starting tomorrow. GET AT ME! Thanks for the heads up people! I hope to do B of Business/Commerce double degree. Hell yeah!!!
That's the spirit.

Why not start now? You have half a day left.

Dedication_

HSC
That's the spirit.

Why not start now? You have half a day left.
I'm not always one to make excuses, but I work in an hour. Gotta clean the house too.

And are you all certain? I really don't understand how I can achieve a 60+ with such horrible ranks (including the school rank) other than english...

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
I'm not always one to make excuses, but I work in an hour. Gotta clean the house too.

And are you all certain? I really don't understand how I can achieve a 60+ with such horrible ranks (including the school rank) other than english...
Believe me, I've seen people with much worse ranks who achieved at least 60. If you're uncertain, ask OzKo/enoilgam since they're usually more "accurate" but I am 99% sure that you will achieve AT LEAST 70.

Don't get complacent though.

barbernator

HSC

the average atar is 69

Dedication_

HSC
the average atar is 69
Yeah but I genuinely think I perferm below average...

Thanks a heap for the info guys. Just had graduation, great night. Somehow received a sporting merit hah, nothing academic though :( Ahwell, will do what I can do blitz the external.

Dedication_

HSC
Also, how badly will I be scaled for Standard English, is it as bad as they say? Just starting to get a bit worried as the HSC looms upon us :S

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Standard English has poor aligning and so, few people get Band 6. However, it's not like the bands are limited to the number of people but I know 3 people from a single school that got B6 in Standard English and two of those were state ranks.

The school was rank ~600.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, in my opinion you are well above 60. The average ATAR is roughly 75 and by your ranks you seem to be just above average. So I estimate high 70s-low 80s.

Finish strong, boy.
I wouldn't go past this estimate.

I'd probably give the same thing.

fionarykim

HSC
Heyy woah your english is heaps good
so youve already got a really strong base / foundation

work harder in all ur other subjects and you could prob get past 70!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)