ATAR cut off. (1 Viewer)

_deloso

HSC
So if you get the atar cut off or above it, does that mean you are guaranteed in the course? and can you also get in the course if you have an atar below the cut off.. let's say <5 atar points below the cut off.

enoilgam

HSC
So if you get the atar cut off or above it, does that mean you are guaranteed in the course? and can you also get in the course if you have an atar below the cut off.. let's say <5 atar points below the cut off.
No, cutoffs change from year to year, but they are usually pretty stable. So most of the time, if you make or exceed the previous years cutoff, you will get into the course. Likewise you can get into a course if you dont make the cutoff (last year I got into a course in the first round despite missing the cutoff by 1.1 ATAR points).

occer

HSC
N/A
Is that because you received bonus points?

vemanjj

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on how many people want to do it. Say med science and not many engineering courses like science/engineering doesn't normally have any vacancies at sydney uni so maybe you would have to get over the atar cut off. But for say arts/science there's been vacancies for the past 2 years so they might take some just under the cut off, but i dont think 5 points under. That's a lot if you think about it when about 1000 people share 0.5 atar range (what i've heard but i know it's not linear) - less people share points at 90 than 70 obviously coz 70 - 75 is average. maybe go to the unis website you want and see if they have had vacancies in the course that you want to do in the past 2 years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)