Asylum seeker debacle (1 Viewer)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
these illegal immigrants should just read an ayn rand novel and make something of themselves instead of burdening us with their sloth

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I think we should build a giant wall around the coast of Australia and only let boats that we can identify in

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I still haven't seen your evidence for your claim that people destroy documents so I'd stop using it as an argument.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
You mean the article with the second
Paragraph that reads "...they usually did not have passports, birth certificates or other identity documents in the first place"
No, I mean

An Iranian refugee who arrived in Australia in 2010, who wants to be known only as Sam, admitted destroying his passport on his boat trip from Indonesia.
"There were rumours on the boat when we were travelling to Christmas Island that (the authorities) would identify people with a passport and they'll be sent back home," Sam said.
"That's why I ripped up my passport and threw it away. I'm speaking on behalf of most asylum-seekers that it's not that they want to confuse the government about their identity, it's that they get the wrong impression from the smugglers."
Sam then spent a year in detention on Christmas Island and in Sydney's Villawood centre before his identity was verified and he was granted refugee status.
Hazara refugee Hussein Sadiqi, from a small village in Oruzgan province, also arrived by boat from Indonesia, in 1999. He said it was standard practice for people-smugglers to provide Hazaras with fake documents to get them to Indonesia, but the asylum-seekers had no control over what happened later.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
No, I mean
Right, so the part that quotes a single person, great evidence.

Even if you do accept that as truth, he then points out the reason they do it is not as an attempt to try hide their identity or confuse the government (as you claim) but because they are (wrongly) told to do it by the smugglers. Either way it's hardly a piece of journalism that supports your rationale.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

BrokenGlass

HSC
to tell you the truth, asylum seekers, from indonesia anyway, should be killed or at least left to drown because they are purposefully annoying the australian government and people.

they steal our jobs, cause crime, deal drugs, dont speak english, are mentally slower than people raised in australia and are thus just a burden. stupid asylum seekers
I bet if you suddenly went to Indonesia, and had to survive in a country of people who speak a completely different language you'd be a little slow too.
And you've just highlighted a bunch of racist, stereotypes. They steal our jobs, do they? If they're genuinely more equipped for the job than you are, they deserve it. Just because they're a different nationality or colour, makes them no less deserving of the job. I'm sick of migrants applying for jobs having to CHANGE their names, just because racist people like you instantly dismiss these people based off their foreign-sounding name or where they come from.
You'd allow these people to drown and die, just because you're a little annoyed? You don't even know anything about these people, you ignorant racist. Do you even know WHY these people flee their countries, and seek asylum in countries like ours. Because they're seeking a better life, because WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE BETTER NATION, but people like you make me doubt whether we really are...

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Genuine refugees are different. The vast overwhelming majority (if not all these boats) are not genuine refugees; they are economic refugees. That is a big difference.

Debauchee

HSC
I bet if you suddenly went to Indonesia, and had to survive in a country of people who speak a completely different language you'd be a little slow too.
No seriously though, Indonesians are a relatively low IQ people, especially compared to North east asians.

It's funny though, you take all these people who have been unable to make their country livable to the point that they willing to even live there any more, and then just assume that somehow they'll be amazingly productive in another country.

Lentern

HSC
No seriously though, Indonesians are a relatively low IQ people, especially compared to North east asians.

It's funny though, you take all these people who have been unable to make their country livable to the point that they willing to even live there any more, and then just assume that somehow they'll be amazingly productive in another country.
Maybe they'd be doing a little better if the CIA hadn't taken out Soekarno and installed a fascist in his place.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Naru is more than half full before it has even opened yet (which will still be weeks away).

Debauchee

HSC
Maybe they'd be doing a little better if the CIA hadn't taken out Soekarno and installed a fascist in his place.
as an anarcho-capitalist I don't think I can be held ideologically responsible for this

Lentern

HSC
as an anarcho-capitalist I don't think I can be held ideologically responsible for this
Yes you can, he was toppled because folk thought he was too matey with the communist party.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)