Assessments more important than study? (1 Viewer)

saraking

HSC
For this term do you think it's more important to try and perfect your assessments and get good ranks (really want to rank first for most subjects), rather than making notes/studying content learnt in class? Just wondering where my priorities should be atm

zhertec

HSC
I'd say make an equal amount of both (a tad more effort to the assessment side) cause if you start to neglect the note making part, it starts to pile up alot. And when it comes to the exams where you require notes etc to study (more efficiently), it'll be like me during my prelims: 6 am studying, hoping not to fail. At that point in prelim, I started to regret not making notes throughout the year..

enoilgam

HSC
Golden rule of HSC: if it has a weightage of more than 0%, it gets priority over everything.
Spot on - assessments take precedence over anything else. You shouldn't neglect study, but assessments should take priority.

mreditor16

HSC
Golden rule of HSC: if it has a weightage of more than 0%, it gets priority over everything.

You'll realise after trials that every little percentage adds up and makes such a big difference to your internal rank haha.
Definitely make all your assessments really be great. Study should generally be hand in hand with most assessments (majority will be exams) but if this isn't the case atm, I would urge you to invest more into the assessment. You can always catch up on study in summer holidays etc
definitely this

Spot on - assessments take precedence over anything else. You shouldn't neglect study, but assessments should take priority.
and also this

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
1. One of the best ways to study is to create mock assignments
for example in physics and chemistry, the assessment involved answering questions and addressing certain syllabus dotpoints.
it might be a good way to meet deadlines by creating a similar one for the other sections.

2. If you tell your parents you have an assessment/assignment they will (if they are good parents) pressure to do something towards that said assignment/assessment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)