Assessment Tasks after Trials? (1 Viewer)

HSC
ok i am just curious is my school the only shit school out there who is still giving assesments out after trails? and is there any other schools which do not have a study break between now and the hsc exams??

im just curious cause i know of cousions and friends who have no more assesments and are going on break early for a study break.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Re: ...........

my school had a few assessments, but they must be completed before the end of this week as the deadline for ranks/marks being sent to BoS is this friday.

ameher

HSC

yer my school had a couple of assesments, the latest one being handed in just last friday. so tommykins is it this friday that ranks/marks have to be sent in to bos? and to answer the op no we dont have a study break, as in some classes we are yet to finish the course:worried:

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A

.:AmBeR.SmItH:. said:
ok i am just curious is my school the only shit school out there who is still giving assesments out after trails? and is there any other schools which do not have a study break between now and the hsc exams??

im just curious cause i know of cousions and friends who have no more assesments and are going on break early for a study break.
no I finished all my internal assesments other then trials before hand.

runnable

HSC

We have pretty much one more assessment in every subject after the trials.

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A

Our school's been v slack. Since the trials, I have had 2 assessments due in and 1 in class 2moro. AND, we've still got courses 2 finish. No study break 4 me :cold:

wendus

krawr.
HSC

lol assessments finished last term :D

jirwin

HSC

For both years i was doing yr 12 subjects (accelerated in IPT) it was compulsary for the school to make the two weeks before trials exams assessment-free. So in the first year, trials started in Week 4, therefore all assessments had to be completed by Friday Wk 1 (or Monday Wk2 at the latest). In IPT we had finished the course by then.

However when I was in Year 12, they changed the trial dates around so that it was the last two weeks of Term 2, instead of Term 3 as they found that no one attended after the trials. We were not allowed to have assessments due in weeks 7 and 8 but we did have assessments due in term 3.

As far as I was aware, or the impression I was given at least, the two-week assessment-free period was a requirement of BOS. I could be wrong though.

Also, we only got the two weeks off of the Trial period, no time off before that. English was the first exam too on the Monday. So no 'study break' before hand. We had to attend all of Term 3 except for Week 10 as thats when we had the formal and graduation ceremony. Although some teachers did say we had to come (even on the day of the formal) barely anyone showed up. I went on the Monday as it was basically our last day of school forever.

Last edited:

danz90

HSC

After trials I had 3 assessment tasks... did my last one today...... woot!

BoyNextDoor

HSC

I only had 1 exam after the trials and that's it. No more assessments and even homework! :D

miche11e

HSC

i had my sdd assessment due the wed before trials, and i had a physics assesment due 2 weeks after trials.
i think the girls who do modern or ancient history also had exams after the trials...
we still havent finished the physics course, and we only have 7 physics lessons left...

all my teachers are still trying to give us homework for some strange reason...?

Sezza08

HSC

we got an english exam after the trials because it was meant to be a few days before the trial exams started or something, so they wanted us to focus on the trials. so we did the exam after

HSC

I have an english assessment due tomorrow.
And my friends have a CAFS assessment due tomorrow as well.

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
I've got an English one, was due tomorrow - but now its due on Thursday.
Then that's it for assessment tasks for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)