Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lazarus
GUIDE
Generally,
should
Lol doesnt sound like they need that good a reason.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
most schools interpret the best practice guide as to mean the actual assessment booklet that you are given out at the start of the course/year (this is why some schools are so anally retentive about students turning up to assessment information nights *cough my school*)... you actually get up to three terms notice in the HSC year for most if not all of your assessments...
a less than 2 week reminder may be a little rude but then you should have know about the assessment months in advance...... even you dont know the content, you would know the topic area so you cant use that argument either (unless your school is slack and doesnt follow the rest of the best practice guide and nominate tasks against topics and broad due dates (usually done by weeks and terms...even though the doc does say specific dates)....

Last edited:

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lazarus
The Board of Studies produces a document titled "HSC assessment in a standards-referenced framework: A GUIDE TO BEST PRACTICE". The following is stated on page 14:

<blockquote><h4>3.1.3 Procedures relating to the administration of tasks</h4>...

What procedures are to be followed for:
<ul><li>Providing adequate notice for tasks?
In addition to the schedule of dates for assessment tasks, there must be provision for adequate notice of the
precise timing of each assessment task. Generally, at least two weeks’ notice of the details of a task should
be given.
</ul><div align=right>http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/manuals/pdf_doc/HSC_assess_booklet.pdf</div>
</blockquote>Your teacher would need to have a good reason for providing less time.

Complaints should be directed to your subject coordinator, to your principal, and then to the Board.
thanks and thanks snapperhead for your comments.

the only reason i can think we got it late was beacuse on the monday two weeks before was a public holiday so maybe they didnt realise and then on tuesday we didnt have class.
i checked out my assesment booklet and it said in it taht 2 weks notice thing, so technically i can dispute it, but i am thinking it is too much bother all to get two extra days. i mose i will just do the assigment!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)