assement rule things (1 Viewer)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
hey i am just wondering doe your school have the rule that you must be given two weeks notice of an assesment task ( e.g an assigment or a test) is this like an official rule?
because i am in year 11 and i juat got given a business studies speech and realised we only got 12 nights notice. i dont really care but it is annyoing considering the other class got 13 nights anad its breaking a rule i think ( even though it is only year 11)
so yeah i am just wondering, thanks

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
although u get the notice 2 weeks before the assessment is due.. u should know from the beginning of the year when all ur assessments for every subject are due from ur assessment timetable

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
It differs between schools. I remember we were once given an assessment task with less than 2 weeks notice, and everyone complained, so they changed the rule to teachers MAY choose to give you two weeks notice, rather than giving us a couple of extra days :rolleyes:

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cro_angel
although u get the notice 2 weeks before the assessment is due.. u should know from the beginning of the year when all ur assessments for every subject are due from ur assessment timetable
our assesment timetable doesnt say exact dates it just says "due term 2 week 2 0r 3"

stuff like that

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
it is definetely a rule, i looked it up in this booklet thing and i have the right to complain, but since it is year 11, they probably wont care, its the theory though coz if it was year 12 ...

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by *girl04*
it is definetely a rule, i looked it up in this booklet thing and i have the right to complain, but since it is year 11, they probably wont care, its the theory though coz if it was year 12 ...
trust me, if they're anything like my school, they'll change the rule rather than extend the date.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
but honestly.. who gets straight to working on an assignment the day u get it..
and all assessments which require effort they give more than 2 weeks notice (like business reports, isps, irps, english portfolios)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^ it is a speech though, so you have to research and pick a thing in biz studies and research it, so it does require a fair bit of work ... also we have hal yearly tests on at the same time

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
If you think about it, its your rank that matters. If everyone in your grade gets less than 2 weeks notice, then you aren't disadvantaged.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^ there is two business classes and the other class got more notice. is that a rule? do the two classes have to have an even amount of time? i would think so

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
it doesnt matter...usually a fortnights notice, i end up doing the assessment the day before anyway

HSC
hey i am just wondering doe your school have the rule that you must be given two weeks notice of an assesment task ( e.g an assigment or a test) is this like an official rule?
because i am in year 11 and i juat got given a business studies speech and realised we only got 12 nights notice. i dont really care but it is annyoing considering the other class got 13 nights anad its breaking a rule i think ( even though it is only year 11)
so yeah i am just wondering, thanks
wow...1 more day..
well guess what..we were told that we had a business exam the DAY BEFORE..and this is HSC we're talking about..!!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well did you recieve an assesment booklet detailing what weeks your assesments are on? Well theres your 2 weeks +more notice. They dont have to give you an exact date (eg they arent required to tell you exactly what day you will do your speech 2 weeks in advance)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^ but we didnt even know what topic the asssin will be on! the assement book lieteally only said you will have an assign towards the end of term 2. it didnt even say whether it would be a researcg, speech or test

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
It's only year 11. If you feel that this isn't fair, speak to someone at school about it, but seriously, one day means nothing. You wouln't have done anything with it anyway.

Also, if you knew that the other business class knew about it before you did, you must have discussed it, therefore you did know about it...right??

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ToO LaZy ^*
but you should at least get reminders!!
no we didnt and what will reminders do? if we dont know what the task is we cant even think about what we are going to do

HSC
no we didnt and what will reminders do? if we dont know what the task is we cant even think about what we are going to do
i was refering to xaymas post :p..when i had 1 days notice

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The Board of Studies produces a document titled "HSC assessment in a standards-referenced framework: A GUIDE TO BEST PRACTICE". The following is stated on page 14:

<blockquote><h4>3.1.3 Procedures relating to the administration of tasks</h4>...

What procedures are to be followed for:
<ul><li>Providing adequate notice for tasks?
In addition to the schedule of dates for assessment tasks, there must be provision for adequate notice of the
precise timing of each assessment task. Generally, at least two weeks’ notice of the details of a task should
be given.
</ul><div align=right>http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/manuals/pdf_doc/HSC_assess_booklet.pdf</div>
</blockquote>Your teacher would need to have a good reason for providing less time.

Complaints should be directed to your subject coordinator, to your principal, and then to the Board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)