ArtXpress Selection pool (1 Viewer)

SmiLeyZ

ahahho yeah....dem UAC guides!!
i totally did not noe that was a artwork...made by someone...
i knew today, coz i saw the 2003 art express...book thingy.....
i was like.....HEY!! that was on our UAC thingy....

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
mz_bubbletea said:
yeh, like getting featured on the cover of the ugly uac guides which noone appreciates anyways.
When you put it that way i wish it really was a picture of a testicle... that'd be so good lol

I reckon if u get into art express tho... u can SELL your work to some hippie!

bubble_tea

Not-That-Bright said:
When you put it that way i wish it really was a picture of a testicle... that'd be so good lol

I reckon if u get into art express tho... u can SELL your work to some hippie!
as if anyone would want 81 different pictures of me.

SmileyZ said:
ahahho yeah....dem UAC guides!!
i totally did not noe that was a artwork...made by someone...
i knew today, coz i saw the 2003 art express...book thingy.....
i was like.....HEY!! that was on our UAC thingy....
yeh, I saw that work at the agnsw, putting it on the uac guide completely degraded its value. Same as with the eyes artwork the year before..

Did you see the cover of the art express catalougue with all the birds in a grid-like cage? yeh, that was done by some guy from my school.. =] its so mad in real life!

SmiLeyZ

o i cant remember the front cover, coz my teacher jus flipped through it to show me some stuff....on how to write the statement n stuff!!...one girl from my skool made it into artexpress.....pretty good...
bt wat i really like the most....and still remmeber was that grandpa one...dat was soooooooooooo NICE!!.....with all the different mediums

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I honestly have no concept, I made my work... the best possible technical things i could make at the time...
I then made sure that they seemed fairly abiguous.. however could also hold great meaning, to find out how the 'board of studies' determines works with good concepts I read all the information i could on em... it turns out if you can show a similiar theme thoughout ur body of work, some signs/symbols, maybe a little text you'll be considered to have strong conceptual strength...

So I made all my works pretty much with the same colour scheme, I put little signs and such.... I used the layout of a famous photographer, i gave them ambiguous titles.. .and used some lyrics from bands that i doubt the makers know underneath these titles to help suggest some deeper meaning...

Seems i tricked them! :D

SmiLeyZ

wow mad stuff!!!!
my teacher kept on tellin us...about concepts..and how it has to LINK.....or something...through signs n symbols....
cools....

bubble_tea

Not-That-Bright said:
If i get into art express i'll be the first from my loser school... however being a loser school, i fear i may not make it.
u rarely see any james ruse artworks in there.

dw, ur featured in the standards packages.. they'd most probably want to feature your artwork in art express too.. oh yeh, by band 6, did you mean that they put u in the exemplar category or the band 5/6 one?

SmiLeyZ

if ur tlkin to me about smokin pot.......I DONT!!!

HEY MZ_BUBBLETEA....do u go to james ruse??

bubble_tea

Nope, I go to Penrith high.

7 people out of 14 got pre-selected last year from my school, and 3 made it in.
we always get people in art express every year.

Cj_K

HSC
isn't penrith high the selective school

Cj_K

HSC
3 kids from my school got pre selected they found out earlier today

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)