ArtXpress Selection pool (1 Viewer)

cuivienen

HSC
Thanks for the link :) ...and yeah it seems that they must have gone wrong somewhere with that estimation seeing that:

Those Bodies of Work receiving 43 or more out of a possible 50 marks are then considered for inclusion in ARTEXPRESS. This year there were approximately 470 works in the selection pool. Particular criteria now become important and care is taken to select works representing both government and non-government schools from across New South Wales. The final selections reflect the range of media submitted and must work as a coherent exhibition across the various venues.
hmm...i should check it out tomorrow...

muzzling

HSC
Couple of queries, would be awesome if anyone could answer them :

- how many students in the state do art?
- how many students of the 800 get selected for ArtExpress?

ta
x

Jase

HSC
Stats from 2003 students (2004 artexpress):

1,142 works examined nominated for ARTEXPRESS.

Metropolitan exhibitions include the David Jones department store windows in Sydney, Art Gallery of New South Wales, the College of Fine Arts, UNSW, the National Art School, Darlinghurst and Hazelhurst Regional Gallery & Arts Centre.

The six ARTEXPRESS exhibitions include the work of 258 students from schools across NSW. The regional touring exhibitions are comprised of 83 works selected from the five metropolitan exhibitions and additional works selected for tour only.

There were 57 students in David Jones displayed in 31 windows in the Elizabeth and Market Street stores. The Art Gallery of NSW has 48 exhibitors, the National Art School 32, the College of Fine Art UNSW has 49 students and Hazelhurst Regional Gallery & Arts Centre has 52 student’s works. The largest exhibition will be the regional tour of NSW consisting of works from 83 students and will tour until January 2005.

The works of 48 students of the 83 represented in the touring exhibitions are from country schools.

lalaynie

Well congrats to all you kids who got in, you should be sooo stoked...
I wonder if anyone from my school got in... out external marking doesnt happen til friday so fingers crossed theyll like mine... it sucks really, cos they have already marked everyone elses theres probably this huge standard... thanks to awesome peoples works like not that bright... ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
lol
ohhhh well, im sure ill be seeing ure works in art express...
well done kids

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
WOOOOP! Got phone call from Art teacher this morning...got pre-selected! Totally stoked and over the moon...

Now there is the waiting game of whether it makes the cut or not...

Congrats to all others who got preselected...and for those who did not, I'm sure that your works are still totally RAD and received excellent marks. :)

Edit: I'll post up the first of my works when I get home. The second one is in the Major Work thread somewhere. I have to go sit my Drama exam now. Hehehehe.

soso

HSC
N/A
Selection mark in 2003 was 43. Selection mark in 2004 raised to 45. Too many works in 2003 to manage so mark raised in 2004.

Works marked at 45 or higher by all 4 markers. Schools limited to maximum of 4 students I think.

soso

HSC
N/A
family friend is on non-teaching staff at marking

Jase

HSC
They sure did raise the stakes heaps... that means it's getting better and better all the time.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
so does that mean anyone who didn't get in art express got under 45.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
great. goodbye decent uai. i was relying on art.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
timrie6 said:
great. goodbye decent uai. i was relying on art.
Some works aren't sent away for pre-selection do to them being fragile and could be damaged during transport. I know this happen to a girl at my dad's school 2 years ago. Series of ceramic sculptures...beautiful...the markers said...it would've been 3 for pre-selection....but the ceramic one wouldn't handle the transportation... :uhhuh:

soso

HSC
N/A
Still time to get a letter for those marked on site at school.

Now is the time to concentrate on the written and getting a portfolio to gether for art school interviews.

If you didn't get in art express at least you will have access to your VAPDs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)