Art Express 2007 (1 Viewer)

ebrauer

HSC
every year differs with cut off marks for art express. if the year produces more excellent quality pieces than another year, the cut off mark for pre-selection increases. same if the year's quality is lower, the pre-selection cut off mark lowers.
sometimes it cuts off at like 42 sometimes its 47. the average being around 45 out of 50.

when the markers determine the years cut off for pre-selection, everyone who gets the mark or higher is automatically chosen for pre-selection of art express.
from there, they choose the most interesting artworks (not necessarily the highest marks) that the public would appeal to.

then the art gallery of nsw, all those shopping centres who are involved with showing the works come in and choose which ones they want for their exhibition. i think the art gallery of nsw has first pick... theres a priority order

AND

when they choose subjects to be in the exhibitions, they have to be fair and non-discriminatory, so there has to be an equal amount of private schools and public schools, girls and boys and co-ed schools, city and country schools etc.
that means its extremely hard to get into art express because of fairness. even if someones is better looking and has a higher mark, they might not get in, but someone from a country school for example, with a lower mark gets in over them.

its all relative.
so if you don't get it, don't think you suck... you've probably done really well and don't beat yourself up about it :)

good luck everyone!
im sure you'll all do fine

~kiki

HSC
ebrauer said:
every year differs with cut off marks for art express. if the year produces more excellent quality pieces than another year, the cut off mark for pre-selection increases. same if the year's quality is lower, the pre-selection cut off mark lowers.
sometimes it cuts off at like 42 sometimes its 47. the average being around 45 out of 50.

when the markers determine the years cut off for pre-selection, everyone who gets the mark or higher is automatically chosen for pre-selection of art express.
from there, they choose the most interesting artworks (not necessarily the highest marks) that the public would appeal to.

then the art gallery of nsw, all those shopping centres who are involved with showing the works come in and choose which ones they want for their exhibition. i think the art gallery of nsw has first pick... theres a priority order

AND

when they choose subjects to be in the exhibitions, they have to be fair and non-discriminatory, so there has to be an equal amount of private schools and public schools, girls and boys and co-ed schools, city and country schools etc.
that means its extremely hard to get into art express because of fairness. even if someones is better looking and has a higher mark, they might not get in, but someone from a country school for example, with a lower mark gets in over them.

its all relative.
so if you don't get it, don't think you suck... you've probably done really well and don't beat yourself up about it :)

good luck everyone!
I think most of the people of this forum did their HSC last year :p... But nevermind, good information :). I heard it was 47 most years from my art teacher. I would say that student background doesn't really come into it much personally. All the works are numbered anyway, so there would be no way for curators to discriminate. Its difficult to get in because it all comes down to the curators personal taste and the theme they choose for the exhibition.... --- crosses fingers---

killyridols

HSC
argh! i'm crossing all fingers and toes. . .
i got 50/50 for my internal mark and if i don't at least get nominated i'll be really disappointed :(

Propagandist

HSC
ebrauer said:

AND

its all relative.

good luck everyone!
w00t! Being in the country going to help me yay! Lol.

Propagandist

HSC
killyridols said:
argh! i'm crossing all fingers and toes. . .
i got 50/50 for my internal mark and if i don't at least get nominated i'll be really disappointed :(
Don't get your hopes up that your internal mark will help at all, remember how much your teacher likes you does slightly effect your grade, and how much the teacher thinks your capiable of. See if you're like me and you produce a movie that you really kind of left till the last minute and get an internal mark of say my pathetic mark of 32 because
a) I'm not exactly a -model- student.
b) Your teacher knows you are capible of more.
c) Your work isn't yet completed.
d) Bad documentation.

But markers on the other hand.
a) Don't know about what type of student you are.
b) Have no clue about how good a work you can produce.
c) See it completed and don't have to 'fill in the blanks'
d) Normally don't call for documentation and if they do don't judge on how neat it is just on if they can find traces that it isn't a completely stolen work.

So all you can do is hold your breathe, it art, it scary how much it's up for personal opinion. THAT'S why I had to change my idea like 1000000 times because as an art STUDENT we aren't ARTIST and offending the markers isn't expression it suicide. XD

trikta

HSC
I don't know if this has been mentioned. But whoever did that artwork with the pink, blue and yellow 'junk'. That was amazing. Such a wonderful concept. I have photos of it.

Wonderful!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)