ARGH! Music2 Half-Yearly's!!!! (1 Viewer)

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
anyone else stressing over the half-yearlies?

i hate the musicology exams...they are so unpredictable and gay.
ERGGGGHHH!!!!
*angry*

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
our school doesnt have halfyearlies, we have continual assessments instead. dunno whether thats better or not...

the only thing we've done for music recently is our performance of our aus core piece.
and that was good :)

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
ive done a viva voce and research essay and a composition progress assessment already then have my exam in two days.....

gay.....

HSC
musicology can suck my balls.

i hate viva's and aural.
i have my half yearly for music next monday.

and im stressing!
i have my performance to complete, which are vocals.
then my viva and performance notes!

then i keep thinking about the 10 thousand other students like urself that are probaly going to beat me.

so year im with you 100%.

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
hahahha.
what are you doing to prepare for the music2 exam??
im just like summarising two pieces (one from each topic im studying) for the long response question.
and then just studying the concepts etc. and also doing past exam papers that i got from school. cause i got the cd's and tracks and answers that come with it so i can atleast do it properly.
but i already know i wont do well. im really bad at writing down stuff about music.

HSC
hahahha.
what are you doing to prepare for the music2 exam??
im just like summarising two pieces (one from each topic im studying) for the long response question.
and then just studying the concepts etc. and also doing past exam papers that i got from school. cause i got the cd's and tracks and answers that come with it so i can atleast do it properly.
but i already know i wont do well. im really bad at writing down stuff about music.

LOL. im not great on writing bout music either.

but im also doing past papers.
im getting my teacher to give me study notes he made. their really good.

and i went to a HSC study music thing at another school.

they give yu great tips on how to prepare.
iv got the booklet, i can give yu some stuff if u want :)

ekdownie

eating/procrastinating
HSC
although i've already done the exam, I WOULD LOVE & EXTREAMLY APPRECIATE some of that stuff! sounds great.
i was supposed to go to this music seminar with my school @ another but that didnt work out.
but my exam actually went okay, we ended up doing the 2008 Catholic School Trial hahahahahahaaaa.
i went ok :/
good news was i got 15/15 for my performance!!! which i am extreamly happy about :D espcially considering i like choked half-way through hahahaha (i went a lil too fast and was out of breath a lil; i'm just recovering from severe tonsilitis!!!)

how did you go????

LAST DAY TERM 2 TODAY!!!! half-way there!

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
im so jealous you guys got music 2 and ext.

my school only offers music 1.

we had half yearlies. easy as shit, 3 perfomance pieces and the 4 aurals.

eisusmorf

HSC
i did music HSC last year - my only advice is to know your pieces inside out for the long response. you could make a table for each piece outlining each of the elements, or a mind map like i did.
another tip - during the paper, if you have any spare minutes at the end of dictation or short answer questions, go and plan your extended response. it'll save you loads of time..

Concerti

HSC
for aural..what i did was record sections of pieces and try writing the score for that particular part..
then id just listen to it again and keep editing till i knew it was right..
eventually, with enough practise, you can usually just write out the score after one listen..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)