• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Are you ready for year 12? (1 Viewer)

Andre_37

HSC
I think you're right about that. How are you going at the moment in terms of preparing for the course/study? I'm just interested to see what other people are planning to do or already doing :p

saberbladexx

HSC
Atm i've just bought some books and started making some hsc syllabus notes on bio.

If you have any trouble with any of the prelim courses especially maths you should briefly review your work in the holidays.

Try downloading past prelim papers from the resources section and do some to see where you at and what are your weaknesses so you can isolate errors which you make repeatedly.

Andre_37

HSC
ah cool. thats probably a good idea lol. so far, i've just prepared and sorted all my notes from year 11, but i think if i just run through them all and do some practice, i'll be alright (at least i hope so). Thanks for the advice, i might encounter you again on the forum if i need help lol

Andre_37

HSC
ah cool, yea i think thats probably a good idea. so far, i've just organised all my notes/summaries, but i think maybe some more practice and review might help (at least i hope so). thanks for the advice, i'll most likely reply to this thread if i need more help. thanks :)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
LOL for standard i have no clue what i'm aiming for lol, in our prelims i got 32/60 for my exam(3 essays), but like everyone around me failed lolz.
Have to wait till week 2 when i get my report to know my rank. Apparently our school is good at std though (6 b6's last yr, and 70% got b4 or above).

Yea we're opposite lol, you're doing the max maths units and i'm doing the max science units, but neither of the other one.

I think i can push into top 10 physics when i go all out, mostly been doing nothing this year in physics because i read somewhere year 11 phy is irrelevent for hsc, LOL.
hehe that's like me. for standard, I got 80% but everyone else got in the 60s. So I'm happy :p But your school is in the top 70 and you're above average in English. You should be aiming for that Band 6 in Standard! I'm aiming for Band 6 :uhhuh:

6 Band 6's is pretty good. That means that you'll probably get a band 6.

LOL I regret the fact that I'm not doing any Science. Do you regret not doing any maths?

yup. Since you've been doing nothing in physics, all you need to do is put some effort in it. A bit of effort => will bring you in top 10 easily.

good luck. I'm pretty sure you won't go downhill :D

treetime

HSC
This last week of holidays I'm going to study math, just math, when I'm not out and about. Because I'm only doing General, I really have to kick ass! >_<

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
This last week of holidays I'm going to study math, just math, when I'm not out and about. Because I'm only doing General, I really have to kick ass! >_<
that's the spirit! I'm gonna do Maths as well, coz I'm gonna whoop everyone's ass in the next exam. Are u up for the challenge?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)