Are you proud of going to your school? (1 Viewer)

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Moral of thread

JT145 is a judgmental prick

enoilgam

HSC
JT145 is a judgmental prick
We're all a little judgemental, let's not go into denial and say that we arent. Like, if you met someone who said they went to JRAHS or SBHS etc, I think it's safe to say that everyone would assume that they were intelligent.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
We're all a little judgemental, let's not go into denial and say that we arent. Like, if you met someone who said they went to JRAHS or SBHS etc, I think it's safe to say that everyone would assume that they were intelligent.
Good at sport, as well. You know SB has a policy which it has to accept 25 students within a 5km range or something, ie so the school can be somewhat competitive against other GPSs. ie, Asians by nature don't have sport as their forte.

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
First world problems thread gg, dat relativity

My school is ranked in the mid 100's and I'm definitely not ashamed. While it wasn't necessarily the best academic environment for me it taught me invaluable things about the significance of a real education as a global citizen, one that is not restricted to the bounds of a syllabus or an exam score (though that too is important in the context of your studies). It also wasn't a microcosm filled with intelligent, academically talented students who had strong work ethic, rather it taught me how to accept, empathise and work with those I generally would have been quite contemptuous towards if I had gone to a more expensive private school or tried out for selective.

Mutant Kitty

HSC
I go to a school that generally ranks in the 400's.
I have lots of school pride. It has shaped me in a way that not many other places could. I knew from day one that I had to work as hard as every other student in this state to get a good ATAR, and then some more.
However it also taught me that academia isn't everything. I've made great friends and I've had so much fun there. It has also helped me become the person I am today.
I left what is to be considered a 'prestigious' school late in year 7 because I hated the people that were there. I've never looked back because I'm happy with how things have gone.
To be honest I find a lot of the stress that these 'top' students put on themselves is laughable.
In 80-100 years we will all be dead. Have fun and achieve happiness, whether by means of getting a great ATAR or having an average job...

-Tao of Mutant Kitty

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
I have the issue of taking it too far though.

As I do with a whole lot of things.

enoilgam

HSC
At least you're aware of it though - some people coast through life and they never really notice this stuff, or they are in denial about it.

fionarykim

HSC

As I do with a whole lot of things.
stop being so harsh on urself
its fine, ur not the only one trust me
now stop worrying about this sorta stuff, and go study for geo :)

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
stop being so harsh on urself
its fine, ur not the only one trust me
now stop worrying about this sorta stuff, and go study for geo :)
geo scales badly, people look down on me

:p

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Better than business at least.
I think we should stop talking about scaling, coz scaling is only minor...more about alignment
I had a chat to my Geo teacher today... she said it scaled well..... and that rich North Shore people did it and no one else

dame I've got white people breathing down my neck for dat state rank, the omed lyfe is hard dame moncey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)