Are you guys paying or defering the SA Fees? (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Paid.

How much does UNSW charge?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Its not the same nationwide actually. The maximum that can be charged is $263 per year, although it is up to individual universities as to how much of that they charge students (most have just charged the maximum however).

HSC
What do you mean how much does UNSW charge? It's a nationwide fee that's the same for all full time students.

But yeah I deferred it.
I think that each university can decide to charge whatever they feel like, as long as it wasn't over $263 or something like that? I think mine was around $135, I know it wasn't over $150. I guess it might depend from different faculties as well? Just hazarding a guess.

I deferred it.

TheStallion

HSC
Go onto my UNSW and head into the fee statement section, or read your student emails, we all got emails about how to do it.

danjw

HSC
I think that each university can decide to charge whatever they feel like, as long as it wasn't over $263 or something like that? I think mine was around $135, I know it wasn't over $150. I guess it might depend from different faculties as well? Just hazarding a guess.
It was probably $131.50 because they are charging the full $263, just pay half each semester.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Defering. That means an extra $131.50 on beers every semester.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Already paid ye ye
That is a bit dumb considering with the government loan scheme it is an interest free loan that only increases with the inflation rate. If the inflation rate is 3% or so (has been less in recent years though) over the next 4 years, person A who deferred will have more money in their hand (after paying the loan) if they had instead put the money in a 5.5% interest savings account rather than given it to the government now. You are ripping yourself off.

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
That is a bit dumb considering with the government loan scheme it is an interest free loan that only increases with the inflation rate. If the inflation rate is 3% or so (has been less in recent years though) over the next 4 years, person A who deferred will have more money in their hand (after paying the loan) if they had instead put the money in a 5.5% interest savings account rather than given it to the government now. You are ripping yourself off.
lol u r jkin rite

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I am not joking. It takes literally < 2 minutes to defer online, and using net banking transfer money to savings account. You'd wait longer in line at a post office or bank to pay the bill upfront (let alone doing it each year).

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Well yes, okay. Although it would take the same to defer it really and you are now missing out on 2+% relative interest (compounded over 3 or 4 years). That could buy a bottle of scotch in the end etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)