Are you guys buying a yearly ticket ??? (1 Viewer)

jamesfirst

HSC
Mytrain vs Mymulti ???

they are pretty damn expensive ://... are we allowed to buy child if we have the concession card provided by the uni ?

bladeys

HSC
N/A
are we allowed to buy child if we have the concession card provided by the uni ?
You have got to be the stupidest person I have never met

Why do you insist on asking Boredofstudies the stupidest questions imaginable... You could answer your question by asking yourself "Am I under 16 years of age", to which you would answer "No, therefore I am not allowed to buy a child ticket"

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
You have got to be the stupidest person I have never met

Why do you insist on asking Boredofstudies the stupidest questions imaginable... You could answer your question by asking yourself "Am I under 16 years of age", to which you would answer "No, therefore I am not allowed to buy a child ticket"
The student concession for high school students allows you to buy a child's ticket when you are over 16.
Check.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I've thought about buying a longer term ticket, but after a week my regular one is pretty damn faded. Can't imagine what a quarterly or a yearly ticket would end up like. Reckon a transit officer would care if they can't read your ticket because the letters/numbers aren't even there anymore?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I've thought about buying a longer term ticket, but after a week my regular one is pretty damn faded. Can't imagine what a quarterly or a yearly ticket would end up like. Reckon a transit officer would care if they can't read your ticket because the letters/numbers aren't even there anymore?
Longer term tickets aren't made from paper, they are plastic. If it is faded/damaged and a transit officer insisted on giving you a fine you'd simply appeal it as they keep records of long term tickets. They can also be replaced if lost/damaged.

jamesfirst

HSC
I just calculated and it's cheaper to buy mytrain+my travel bus 10....

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh, remember you are only at uni for at most about a third of the days in the year.

Last edited:

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
if you go 3 days, buying a travelten+returns everyday would be cheaper
if 4 days then buy a weekly+travelten if I remember correctlyyyyyy

khfreakau

HSC
it really depends on your situation.... i'm getting a mymulti2 weekly since i have to catch two buses and a train to get to uni... for some who might have to catch less public transport it might be better to get traveltens and whatnot.

also, note, there are no concession long term tickets, only full fare. you will lose out if you get long term tickets. the longest concession ticket is weekly.

HSC
I'm getting the mymulti3 weekly, which is around $30..which is pretty damn economical since it costs me $10.50 for a 1 day mymulti day pass (concession) and $8.20 just for the mytrain (I'll be there 5 days a week :( ). I guess if you're going to be there 3+ days, get the weekly. 2 days, then do the other route. Honestly though, if you use public transport to get around other places, get the mymulti - can use it unlimited times during the week.

Schneezle

HSC
Uni Grad
Mildly off topic, but life would be much simpler if a train went somewhere near UNSW :(

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'm getting the mymulti3 weekly, which is around $30..which is pretty damn economical since it costs me $10.50 for a 1 day mymulti day pass (concession) and $8.20 just for the mytrain (I'll be there 5 days a week :( ). I guess if you're going to be there 3+ days, get the weekly. 2 days, then do the other route. Honestly though, if you use public transport to get around other places, get the mymulti - can use it unlimited times during the week.
^ That's what I do.

It's also great because once my friends and I decided to go the beach and I just used my MyMulti ticket to go on the bus. If I wanted to go to Bondi, I'd just use my MyMulti ticket to catch a train or bus there. It's... really really good value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)