i just wanna know how many ppl from this site are dropping out after year 10

soap~

Legal Eagle
HSC
I doubt anyone dropping would probably bother coming on BOS. :p

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Drops outs are exactly that, drop kick retards who couldn't hack it. 99% of then will end up working in repair shops, retail, supermarkets or labouring. The other 1% might just succeed with innovation and creativity.

militiaman

HSC
I thought about making a topic about this before, but then like most of you thought that anyone on here would be.

Don't necessarily agree with the above though. If you applied yourself well after leaving this year I think you could earn some decent money. Of course top jobs could only be achieved through uni, but I think there's still the opportunity.

The problem is those that drop out still have the same old attitude that they had at school, and therefore waste a lot of time and miss a lot of opportunities. I'm sure that people like us would be more dedicated than your average joe bloggs in achieving that higher level.

amberangel

Anonymous
HSC
I stay in school proabably 'cos that's the way I think. I never thought I could drop out before and always expected to go all the way through to year 12 and uni and so on... so hmm.

*shrugs* Whatever you want.

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
I disagree with some of the comments here, ppl saying that you won't be as successful if you drop out and that ppl who drop outare lazy etc..
They could be much brighter ppl then all of us and much more dedicated, just that their passion might lie in a trade or something and if they put their same level of dedication into that they could be very successful.

For the record, no I'm not dropping out

Alex2

HSC
Yeah I agree with D347H574R - just coz a person doesn't continue to Year 11 & 12 doesn't make them any less 'succesful'... and I also don't think it's true to generalise saying 'everyone regrets it and comes back'...

Some of the nicest people I know dropped out at end of year 10, and there could be some complete dumbshits and arseholes doing their HSC...

Alex

militiaman

HSC
Well I wasn't saying that outright. More generalising for the majority.

What I'm saying is that most people do not have the eithic for school work and learning, initially at least. IMO this can change as people learn the values of work.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I don't think anyone who's dropping out would be on this site.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
I'm not dropping out but I know heaps of people from school that are. Dropping out will still get you a job but some people that drop out are looked down upon. It's not that you won't be successful if you drop out, but it's that you have less career opportunities in the higher fields like medicine.

Good luck to the people that are dropping out of school.... so lucky! no more school!

my parents would kill me if I considered dropping out of school :shouting:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

School Certificate aim: all band 6's (worried if I will get that for English).

Hsc subjects (considering): Advanced English, 3 unit Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Business Studies, Ancient History.

Uai aim:

if I stay at sefton, then it'll be: 95+
if change to fort street, then it'll be: 98+
if change to sydney girls, then it'll be: 99+

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE IN THEIR STUDIES!!! J

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
nerdsforever said:
I'm not dropping out but I know heaps of people from school that are. Dropping out will still get you a job but some people that drop out are looked down upon. It's not that you won't be successful if you drop out, but it's that you have less career opportunities in the higher fields like medicine.
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think that students that dropped out of school in Year 10 would usually go for Medicine.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
OMG! I voted on 'drop'. I thought it mean dropping subject by the end of this year, LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)