• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Are they real friends? (1 Viewer)

dddd

• Total voters

Atonofrash

HSC
you can't have it both ways man. You can't say 'other people define me in terms of that' and continue to justify your actions by saying that you're mentally ill.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Champagne for my real friends REAL PAIN FOR MY SHAM FRIENDS

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
believe it or not, i have never intended to use it as a copout. I'm told by medical professionals and many people that that and/or the medication for it can seriously affect behavioural patterns. but as soon as i say it, im using it as a cop out. it may suprise some but i do take responsibility when i believe im fully responsible and made a decision with a clear frame of mind.

HSC
Is being an asshole a mental disease? Like there are some chronic assholes out there and I'm sure there'd be some sort of medication they could take to make them less of a dick, I don't really tend to care so much about this though when I come to judge them... I just think 'hey that guy's an asshole'. Obviously there's also cases where for whatever reason I feel that someone should have their mental state considered when judging them, but this seems to be a problem for all of us, I don't know what the solution is. I probably don't appreciate mental illness, or at least those which seem to have effects only slightly beyond the margin of what (for whatever reason) I consider to be 'normal' human behaviour.

tl;dr
I think if one of my mates developed say... a social anxiety disorder where they were 100% professionally recognised as having this problem etc, I'd still hold it against them when they're like 'nah I don't wanna come out tonight'.

not personal, I just like to talk about things and these are my lame thoughts on the topic.

Last edited:
HSC
Malfoy: is it possible a part of your syndrome/problem is the inability to handle a little bit of nastiness? Human beings are 'nasty' creatures, everyone gets hated on and it is a normal part of friendship. If friends are people that don't hate on each other (especially behind each others backs) then I have never had a 'real friend' by your definition, the only friends I've had who haven't been like that I imagine I just haven't got to know well enough.

Now this isn't to say we put up with any shit that people throw with us, but it's a pretty basic equation to say "am I happier to hang out with these guys or not?" if you're happier then they can't be that bad in the scheme of reality (even if in the scheme of some idealised fantasy they're not that great), if you want them to get better than for sure try by some sort of dialog or whatever but if it doesn't work you're back to that same equation.

Last edited:

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
I'm sorry I frequently bring up controversial topics around you Becky. I'm a social retard, I can't help it, I say things without thinking them through first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)