are there any titanium cranium's in here...(metal heads) :P hehe \m/ (1 Viewer)

HSC
Just noticed this and figured I'd check in ;)

Definitely big on metal, as with a lot of others I listen to all sorts of shit, so I'll just list of some of the metal I've been spinning (Well, playing, seeing as there's no real spinning involved with mp3s unless we count hard drive revolutions):

Skyclad, Lamb of God (Fucking huge on these guys at the moment, no idea how long it'll last), In Flames, Beseech, Destruction, Exodus, Napalm Death, Morphia, Nevermore and Obituary.

I play drums and have been working on footwork recently, so I think that probably goes a long way towards explaining the Lamb of God thing :)

Nice thread, always nice to see people spreading the good word ;)

Edit: Just looking back through a little more, Killing Joke own, congratulations on an excellent random purchase!

Last edited:

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
This was like in 2003 when I bought it 'death and resurrection show'.... thanks atleast some1 has heard of em. AFTER 2 YEARS SOME1 HAS HEARD OF KILLING JOKE! <3

atleast im not a loner anymore.. :D

adsta

HSC
Ollz San said:
Dream Theatre, Nightwish, Circus Maximus, Evergrey, Kamelot, Dark Tranquility, Arch Enemy, Iron Maiden, My Dying Bride, Candlemass, Ensiferum, Katatonia, Dol Ammad, Tristania, HIM, Sirenia, Coal Chamber, Anathema, Novembers Doom, Novembre, Omnium Gatherum, Tiamat, Paradise Lost, Pain of Salvation, Devildriver, Sonata Arctica, Opeth, etc, etc, etc
You have an awesome taste in music. Quite a bit of mixture too:)

Anyway, I'm so happy. I used to have to travel into the city to get all my metal albums (utopia or red eye). But just recently jb hifi opened up down the road and I was suprised to see their large selection in the genre. They have a stack of imports that even utopia never seems to have in stock. I'm going there tomorrow to buy some more albums (not sure what yet). It's so good being able to just drive up the road to buy cd's now:)

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
adsta said:
You have an awesome taste in music. Quite a bit of mixture too:)

Anyway, I'm so happy. I used to have to travel into the city to get all my metal albums (utopia or red eye). But just recently jb hifi opened up down the road and I was suprised to see their large selection in the genre. They have a stack of imports that even utopia never seems to have in stock. I'm going there tomorrow to buy some more albums (not sure what yet). It's so good being able to just drive up the road to buy cd's now:)

I know what you mean. JB Hifi is cheaper than Utopia anyway. And they're opening one in Chatswood. Whoo!

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
I goto school near a fairly decent metal record store.. called revolutionz or something. ive never bought anything, but it's nice to go in and browse. it's not a big store or anything but I would say it's good. the atmosphere at utopia for a store just shits me off.. so I don't usually go down there. bought some stickers n stuff tho

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Children of bodom and Sentenced \m/

Lord Worm

HSC
Aborted, Ad Hominem, Alarum, The Amenta, Amon Amarth, Anorexia Nervosa, Astriaal, Astrofaes, The Axis of Perdition, Behemoth, Belphegor, Black Altar, The Black Dahlia Murder, Blind Guardian, Bolt Thrower, Bruce Dickinson, Burzum, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Carpathian Forest, Cauldron Black Ram, Cryptopsy, Darkthrone, Death, Deaths Head, Decapitated, Deeds of Flesh, Demons & Wizards, Destroyer 666, Dies Irae, Dimmu Borgir, Dissension, DragonForce, Drudkh, Elegeion, Emperor, Enslaved, Enthroned, Entombed, Finntroll, Forn Valdyrheim, Fuck…I’m Dead, Gorgoroth, Graveland, Grenouer, Grimm, Hate Eternal, Hate Forest, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, In Flames, In Malice’s Wake, Inane Eminence, Iron Maiden, Kania, Fill for Satan, Krisiun, Lord Belial, Marduk, Morbid Angel, Motorhead, My Dying Bride, Napalm Death, Necronomicon, Necrophagist, Nevermore, Nightwish, Nile, Nokturnal Mortum, Obituary, Opeth, Ozzy Osbourne, Pig Destroyer, Possessed, Psycroptic, Ravensblood, Slayer, Storm, Strapping Young Lad, Stratovarius, Sun O))), Symphony X, Throneum, Trauma, Tyranny, Urfaust, Vader, Vesania, Vital Remains, Wewlsburg, Xasthur, Zyklon, Zyklon-B

I urge anyone to try many of those bands as they are quality bands which make quality music.

Notice the lack of Nu-Metal and Metalcore bands.

Lord Worm

HSC
What's my prize...it's a kick in the nuts isn't it?

I assure you my intentions were not to look kvlt but to throw some bands into the wind. I do realise that many of those bands were already mentioned but I could'nt be fucked going through the whole thread.

Last edited:

Lord Worm

HSC
Yeah I kinda go overboard with the whole nu-metal and metalcore thing.
It comes from talking to alot of elitists.

a8o

HSC
Lord Worm said:
Aborted, Ad Hominem, Alarum, The Amenta, Amon Amarth, Anorexia Nervosa, Astriaal, Astrofaes, The Axis of Perdition, Behemoth, Belphegor, Black Altar, The Black Dahlia Murder, Blind Guardian, Bolt Thrower, Bruce Dickinson, Burzum, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Carpathian Forest, Cauldron Black Ram, Cryptopsy, Darkthrone, Death, Deaths Head, Decapitated, Deeds of Flesh, Demons & Wizards, Destroyer 666, Dies Irae, Dimmu Borgir, Dissension, DragonForce, Drudkh, Elegeion, Emperor, Enslaved, Enthroned, Entombed, Finntroll, Forn Valdyrheim, Fuck…I’m Dead, Gorgoroth, Graveland, Grenouer, Grimm, Hate Eternal, Hate Forest, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, In Flames, In Malice’s Wake, Inane Eminence, Iron Maiden, Kania, Fill for Satan, Krisiun, Lord Belial, Marduk, Morbid Angel, Motorhead, My Dying Bride, Napalm Death, Necronomicon, Necrophagist, Nevermore, Nightwish, Nile, Nokturnal Mortum, Obituary, Opeth, Ozzy Osbourne, Pig Destroyer, Possessed, Psycroptic, Ravensblood, Slayer, Storm, Strapping Young Lad, Stratovarius, Sun O))), Symphony X, Throneum, Trauma, Tyranny, Urfaust, Vader, Vesania, Vital Remains, Wewlsburg, Xasthur, Zyklon, Zyklon-B

I urge anyone to try many of those bands as they are quality bands which make quality music.

Notice the lack of Nu-Metal and Metalcore bands.
Too much black metal and there is little to no reason to listen to Sun O))) instead of DIY.

a8o

HSC
Each to his own I suppose. I don't get off on piss poor production, but groups like Blut Aus Nord have me constantly enthralled.

Lord Worm

HSC
I've never minded shit production, in fact I enjoy a shitty production every now and then more than a perfect one. For example, Behemoth's Demigod is a great album but the 'perfect' production strips the album down to just the music. In Zos Kia Cultus the production isn't as great but it allows for much more emotion into the music.

Thats my opinion anyway.

EDIT: I went off on a tangent there. I was talking about production in general.

a8o

HSC
sure. ill give those records a listen. ive heard all behemoth, great drinking music like Reign In Blood :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)