Appropriate ATAR Etiquette?? (1 Viewer)

Sarebs

HSC
Haha I think I'll keep it a secret from my parents and brother for a while... I know it'll kill em! But I won't have any trouble telling anyone else, your ATAR isn't really a reflection on yourself.

HSC
Haha I think I'll keep it a secret from my parents and brother for a while... I know it'll kill em! But I won't have any trouble telling anyone else, your ATAR isn't really a reflection on yourself.
my mum wont let me keep it from her :( she'll want to know everything!

Sarebs

HSC
my mum wont let me keep it from her :( she'll want to know everything!
Same with my parents... they will go off something shocking when I don't tell them! I'm sure the neighbours will hear the yelling. But my plan may have hit a snag... I think my brother knows my pin and student number :(

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Personally, I can see the benefit in not telling people ATAR's.
I think I will tell my teachers if they ask, but other than that, not much.

Just a question. Is there anything stopping people from lying about their ATAR's? People could say whatever they want, aye.

Phouna

HSC
N/A
yeah... any less than 99 and i wouldnt tell anyone... less than 99 is just shameful.
I think that was sarcasm >_<"

My mate told me our ATARs will ALL be publish....hmmm.... I dunno if it is true... I mean that newspaper will be one hell of a novel then XD

I seriously would not care what ATAR my school mate gets-it is ONLY A NUMBER! I rather them tell me they achieved what they need to get into whatever course and uni they worked their butt off for. But that is just me.

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
I don't know why people make such a big deal out of it.
Even if mine is shit I'm not gonna keep it a secret. The number doesn't define me anyway
I'll probably get somewhere in the 80's and I wont be satisfied but oh well its just a rank, I will haul ass in the future and make monies.

HSC
i don't know why people make such a big deal out of it.
Even if mine is shit i'm not gonna keep it a secret. The number doesn't define me anyway
i'll probably get somewhere in the 80's and i wont be satisfied but oh well its just a rank, i will haul ass in the future and make monies.
+1

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I won't reveal my exact ATAR. I will only tell my school (coz they ask me).

Apart from that I will just say 99+ or 98+ or whatever.

If you want to find my exact ATAR, it won't be hard getting it coz my school always reveals the ATAR scores that people got lol.

p.s. i won't ask anyone what they got unless they look super happy or something. i know the stress when it comes to being asked what they got when they got worse atar than they thought.

shady145

Banned
HSC
my school rings up everyone to see what ATAR they get =S except forthe people that arn't getting an ATAR

boganxcore

HSC
my school rings up everyone to see what ATAR they get =S except forthe people that arn't getting an ATAR
lol @ 'except for the people that aren't getting an ATAR'. it'd be hilarious if they called up and the kid's like 'ummm, i didnt get one'

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Asian families will demand to know, and then relatives start gossiping about how shit you are compared to your other relatives.

boganxcore

HSC
how meaningless is our existence when our entire lives are dependent on a number?

brb existentialism

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)