Appropriate Amount of hours of sleep for a 16/17yr old ??? (1 Viewer)

jnney

lemon
HSC
If you take the train, how long is the train ride and what time would you have to wake up?

yasminee96

HSC
If you take the train, how long is the train ride and what time would you have to wake up?
train ride's about half an hour and leaves like 8 so i guess id wake up 7-7:30? ahh 2 and a half hours extra sleep. :(

jnney

lemon
HSC
train ride's about half an hour and leaves like 8 so i guess id wake up 7-7:30? ahh 2 and a half hours extra sleep. :(
I think it'd be a good idea to negotiate with your parents about making your own way to school, since it's affecting your studies. Besides - you'll be in uni next year, they can't possibly still be driving you then can they?

yasminee96

HSC
I think it'd be a good idea to negotiate with your parents about making your own way to school, since it's affecting your studies. Besides - you'll be in uni next year, they can't possibly still be driving you then can they?
Thing is i'm planning to do med at UWS campbelltown (if i make it) which is a 5 minute drive from my house so by then i'd have my P's and i'll drive to and from uni...

my parents are heaps strict and overprotective but yeah i guess i can attempt to ask but it won't turn out pretty :L

jnney

lemon
HSC
Thing is i'm planning to do med at UWS campbelltown (if i make it) which is a 5 minute drive from my house so by then i'd have my P's and i'll drive to and from uni...

my parents are heaps strict and overprotective but yeah i guess i can attempt to ask but it won't turn out pretty :L
okay :)

fatboi

HSC
N/A
sleep is 4 the weak

live the band 6 #lyf

stay up n study

99.95 atar or nothing

fishoutofwater

HSC
I wake up 5 am every day because my mum leaves the house really early because she works in the city, and dad is a taxi driver so he has to start working at 7 so he has to get me to school heaps early; so yeh i wake up at 5 lol. Then my dad doesnt pick me up from school until about 4:30 and i don't get home until 5:30...by the time i eat shower etc. it's around 7. I'm in yr 12 so i dedicate about 3 hours a night for school work, so i can't get to bed until like 10, and this is normal nights, no exams or assignments etc. meaning max sleep i can get is 7 hours assuming i fall asleep as soon as i hit my cushion haha. Been doing this for the past 3 years. Literally soooo sleep deprived I have to give up studying some nights because i simply can't stay awake aha. You people have any advice for me? D: I've noticed my lack of concentration and effort in class and studies now as well and i can see how it's going to negatively affect my HSC :/
Please, try waking up at 4am every weekday morning and 5am every Saturday and not getting home until 7pm because you're a swimmer and train at least 8 times a week (so it's not just lack of sleep but also muscle and overall fatigue from exerting yourself first thing in the morning and after school) whilst simultaneously working hard for your HSC with 3 extension units and another language. The earliest I get home is on a Tuesday afternoon after Extension 2 english after-school class and that's still about 5:30. I get about 6-7 hours sleep a night since I only do about half an hour to an hour of homework a night but if I actually did the amount I'm supposed to, I reckon I'd literally die of exhaustion. Literally, just fall over and die. Saturday nights I sleep for 13 hours sometimes because I'm just that tired from the whole week.
I find that maximising time in class/lunchtimes and any free time before school or on weekends is the key. Getting ahead when you have the chance will also reduce stress and subsequently you'll probably sleep easier. This I've found from my own experience.

Last edited:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
urgh what has this thread turned into

if you don't like your lifestyle and it's unhealthy, change it. That simple.

fatboi

HSC
N/A
Please, try waking up at 4am every weekday morning and 5am every Saturday and not getting home until 7pm because you're a swimmer and train at least 8 times a week (so it's not just lack of sleep but also muscle and overall fatigue from exerting yourself first thing in the morning and after school) whilst simultaneously working hard for your HSC with 3 extension units and another language. The earliest I get home is on a Tuesday afternoon after Extension 2 english after-school class and that's still about 5:30. I get about 6-7 hours sleep a night since I only do about half an hour to an hour of homework a night but if I actually did the amount I'm supposed to, I reckon I'd literally die of exhaustion. Literally, just fall over and die. Saturday nights I sleep for 13 hours sometimes because I'm just that tired from the whole week.
I find that maximising time in class/lunchtimes and any free time before school or on weekends is the key. Getting ahead when you have the chance will also reduce stress and subsequently you'll probably sleep easier. This I've found from my own experience.
yeah but that's your own choice u tool

lol

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
urgh what has this thread turned into

http://24.media.tumblr.com/be53ed455a0280f6e2826fc6e9b93bd1/tumblr_mhsw0hlwah1s0a4bio1_500.jpg[img]

if you don't like your lifestyle and it's unhealthy, change it. That simple.[/quote]!!!! Thiss!!!!!

yasminee96

HSC

I feel for you. But lol yeah that's your own choice. I have to stay back on mondays till 4.30 tuesdays 6 wednesdays 5 fridays 5 so yeah aha. But yeh relax not saying no one else has sleep issues :L

Abdullah125

HSC
I did that i'd be deceased for university or anything the next day.. i rest at rented 10 or more time on the saturdays and sundays which is bad because overall i'm not reliable at all its a higher to low haha thats why i was thinking about it

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I did that i'd be deceased for university or anything the next day.. i rest at rented 10 or more time on the saturdays and sundays which is bad because overall i'm not reliable at all its a higher to low haha thats why i was thinking about it
dafaq did i just read?

bruudy

HSC
Everyone has his/her won perception regarding this,no doubt proper sleep is quite necessary for our health and fitness.In my opinion 7-9 hours seems reasonable but lots of people I know sleep way less than that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)