Applying for TFN problem? (1 Viewer)

p3rf3ction

HSC
So i finally bother to apply for one online, and it pretty much says my information is wrong but then i refresh the page and it says its some system failure or something. Is this cause its past 5:30 PM? I re-entered my information twice. LOL and btw, when it says "have u visited australia before" do you say yes or no since im born here. I know...stupid questions.

madharris

HSC
N/A
I think online is for international students
To do it as an aussie citizen, I think you need to go to an actual branch

p3rf3ction

HSC
Okay i think your right. What is the correct way i should do it. Just go to the Post office and fill a form there? Im kinda panicing since i think u have to have it before enrollment?

CMSAS

HSC
When i applied i had a similar issue so i had to go to the tax office in the city.

Aysce

HSC
Okay i think your right. What is the correct way i should do it. Just go to the Post office and fill a form there? Im kinda panicing since i think u have to have it before enrollment?
You have to hand it in before the census date for your uni.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Go to an ATO branch (there's one in the city) and fill out a form there. You need 3 forms of ID, the process took me literally no time at all!
When you're done they give you a certificate saying that you're awaiting your TFN, and the uni will accept that

p3rf3ction

HSC
Go to an ATO branch (there's one in the city) and fill out a form there. You need 3 forms of ID, the process took me literally no time at all!
When you're done they give you a certificate saying that you're awaiting your TFN, and the uni will accept that
Dam, there must be one closer. BTW, 3 forms? So like, drivers license, passport, birth certificate?

madharris

HSC
N/A
yeah for the chatswood one you do

"Centrelink Service Centre
56-64 Archer St
CHATSWOOD NSW 2067
Appointment service only
Bookings are essential: phone 13 28 61
No publications or self-service facilities available at this location"

p3rf3ction

HSC
yeah so i guess i do, cheers all the help, would rep. BTW Aysce said i have to provide that hecs form thing before the census date, is he right? Or is that on campus enrollment day.

Aysce

HSC
yeah so i guess i do, cheers all the help, would rep. BTW Aysce said i have to provide that hecs form thing before the census date, is he right? Or is that on campus enrollment day.
Erm, well for my uni at least we had to provide the HECS form with the Certificate of Application for a TFN on enrolment day. You then give your TFN to your uni when you receive and yeah, but be sure to do it before or on the 31st of March as you may lose your place in the course.

p3rf3ction

HSC
Hmmmm, so when i go to the ATO i should ask for that certificate to take with me on enrollment day? Cheers 4 da help, especially that i was a bit of a twat with u b4 lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)