Appalled at Channel 9 (1 Viewer)

pman

Banned
HSC
The winter olympics are on as you probablly all know. As you probably also know, channel 9 has the free to air broadcast rights. The thing is, there is a speed skating final on in the next 15 minutes for the 500m and channel 9 just went to ellen bloody degenrate. They were advertising a 4-hour priime time review every night...I do not view the period between 9:30 pm and 1:30 am as prime time!

Mornings when events are on live, Channel 9 are showing the Today show....I would rather watch figure skating (which is absolutly rubbish) than the today show, aat least theefigure skating is the olympics!

Channel 9 are showing the olympics at times when a reasonable, working man (or woman) cannot view them!
/rant

johony

HSC
just watch it online

obviously if ellen degeneres or the cricket rates higher then they will show it, although the ads from ch 9 leading up to the games were misleading

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
because most people who are at home at 33 year old mums who like nothing better than to listen to the voice of Dory and bitch about their husbands

abhi23

Coming to the Toga Party?
HSC
I don't know why One HD didn't just get the rights. They are a sports channel after all.

And they're also going to put far too many ad breaks during Top Gear this year. Just thought I'd mention that.
I'm not happy about that at all.
Yeah! that's going to suck so bad.

HSC
Im hating channel 9's broadcast of them, i love the winter olympics and they're totally destroying them, i wish eddie mcguire would shut up, his commentary drives me crazy!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah in order to get full coverage you need to get foxtel, then subscribe to all the winter olympics channels.

So that's expensive, I'm sure.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah Channel 7s coverage of the Torino games were also very good.

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
i thought it was just a given that channel 9 was shit, the fact that top gear is going to them is just fucking unbelievable

and the fact how they hype the stupidest articles on ACA and whatnot drives me infuckingsane

HSC
Uni Grad
i hate free-to-air commercial tv.

ABC and SBS is probably the ones i'd watch
I hate that 7, 9 and 10 have such loud ads, it's ridiculous.
I have to turn it up to hear the show, then the ads come on and nearly deafen me, wtf guise.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
It's like 7 and 9 are trying to outdo each other in the failstakes. Ch7's coverage of the Australian Open went to the dogs this year and now Ch9 are jumping on the "screw the viewer" bandwagon ...

HSC
Uni Grad
Also, wtf at stuff goin like 10 minutes over time to fuck you up if you wanna watch something on another channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)