AoS exam (1 Viewer)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Wow you guys are fast!

I pretty much wrote the amount that the sample exam response has for q3, the one you can see from boredofstudies.org..

My q2, i wrote about a random sicilian old man, complaining about Australia, then got upset with the interviewer (me), and then getting me angry, then made me order the security guard to get him and he punched the security guard and sent them crashing to the wall and I asked whether the italian knows kung-fu, and then he flew out matrix style, breaking through the walls, and the interview ended with me reconsidering the career.

Ok you can breathe now :D. I put enough changing perspective stuffs there, so hopefully teacher will find that "stupid satire" meaningful and award full mark for me :)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
By the way, text two is about a girl who hides her feelings from the other girls, and is feeling homesick right?

Her father couldn't be a mom-basher, since she talked about his "soft" voice, and the girl loves him. And since it was about homesickness, i presume he wouldn't be lying anyways.

So the girl was lying anyways, and so it said..

Huy

HSC
N/A
Yes, that's what I wrote underthesun :)

You have a WILD imagination there!
Mine was boring, interviewed an old geezer, asked him about his life LOL

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
hehe, how exciting, underthesun!

I also kept it boring and just went for a mark hunt...old lady etc etc

guy

HSC
1 - 3
2 - 3
3 - 6

it was okkkk cept i did TWO other texts TWO stimulas and ONE perscribed! i read the fucking question wrong

haha i did and interview with an old lady and she was stupid

Huy

HSC
N/A
what a sec, guy.

what was the question?
I did:

3 prescribed (3 poems, skrzynecki)
1 stimulus
2 related/additional

i never pay attention to the "ONE prescribed, ONE stimulus, TWO related" (i think that was the amount required?)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Maybe I should have done a mark hunt instead, hope the teacher found it as exciting :D

I think it said about the presecribed, one stimulus, and related texts. note the s in the end of the text(s)..

If you look at the 2001 exam report, the essay asked for related texts (note the plural), and the examiners reported many people misread and put only one material..

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I DID CSSA! :)
i did a feature article... and it has no conclusion :(

Huy

HSC
N/A
III - feature article, speech or essay :)
II - transcript

rushworld

HSC
After a TERRIBLE night sleep, seriously, I went to bed really early to have a great night sleep I ended up having like 5hrs... oh well. I did the catholic paper (CSSA?) and I reckon it was alright...

I ran out of time tho... I totally stuffed up the first question to begin with and I had to redo it. I actually thought the father did bash up the mother in Text 2 but then I read it again and realise he didn't... So I had to rewrite my answers lol :rolleyes:

I ended up writing:

~3.5 A4 pages - Q1
~3 A4 pages - Q2
~4.5 A4 pages - Q3

I ran out of time for Q3... I was really disappointed since I was really getting into the essay. But my teacher told us if we find that we going to run out of time just write down the bottom that we did and what we would have talked about (a summary).

It was better then I thought... although I believe I did TOO much study for what was required for the exam... I guess it's best just to be safe. My teacher also said that the CSSA papers are normally harder than the HSC? Is this correct? If so, then the CSSA was _too_ easy I reckon... Oh well.

Everyone was quite surprised about what I wrote about in section II, I wrote about an eldery lady who wrote a book titled "45 years: A womans struggle through a Changing world" and was on the television show promoting it, describing some of the main aspects of it; and those were equal rights for females. Now I'm male and the only reason I did that was because of the supposive bashing of the mother in Section I, and that I read about in yesterday (equal rights). It turned out okay I guess... I just thought of my favourite talk shows and used their style (questions, etc).

So in other words I'm quite proud :D Though if I had another hour I would have finished my essay :p

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
[Everyone was quite surprised about what I wrote about in section II, I wrote about an eldery lady who wrote a book titled "45 years: A womans struggle through a Changing world" and was on the television show promoting it, describing some of the main aspects of it; and those were equal rights for females. Now I'm male and the only reason I did that was because of the supposive bashing of the mother in Section I, and that I read about in yesterday (equal rights). It turned out okay I guess... I just thought of my favourite talk shows and used their style (questions, etc).
I did something very similar indeed... basically some fictional famous aged lady... went into discussing changes in the feminism etc, but also technology, social, political, youth and acceptance of change in general..

Kinda a mix of a lateline interview / this is your life ;)

Leon_Phelps

i found the CSSA trial alright actually

i did section III first as all the info was in my head from the night before cram session... here i wrote about 4 pages (booklet)

section one was next... not as easy as i expected though... i struggled with text 2!... 4 pages here too

i ran out of time in section II - i only did three pages... i had to end it with: "umm there seems to have been technical difficulties and the connection has been severed. we apoligise for any inconvenience..." what a crock of shit!

so yeh overall it was OK
i know ppl in our exam room who were writing 2/3 booklets per question! shit aye!

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
To people going bad in section 2, here's something nice for you to hear.

Numerous other candidates who undertook the examination today were clueless on the definition of a transcript, hence they only wrote, say, 3 lines for that particular question. Ergo, to run around in dismay while having achieved your question's objective would absolutely be senseless.

So, cheer up a bit :D

Rahul

Dead Member
huy, yeh sorry i meant out of 45.

guy and huy, the q was ONE prescribed, ONE stimulus booklet item and a variety of other texts(i did 2). i am sure of this.:D

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
i just realised i had a scaffold/model for a tv interview transcript that our teacher gave us...crap

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it was ok, i did essay, scraed id stuff the others while trying 2 write fast

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
hey, how do we meant to go good in section 2 of the aos paper? i mean for eg- in section 3 u just memorise an essay- so what about section 2?

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
That depends on your creativity. And your understanding of change, and how they become subliminal in texts, and that they have to be a good "meat" for english students..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)