AoS exam (1 Viewer)

TastesGoodBut

OK

SO with the 3 parts to the AoS exam we have a section on "what is the change", a section writing a letter or pretending ur an alien on another planet writing home or sumthing, and an extended response thing

how much do they expect us to write for the middle part?

They say 40 mins but if its a letter... i might write 20 mins or so - is there any real way to know how much to write??

kewpid

HSC
my teacher said ~500 words for section 2. which is about 2-3 pages.

Kharn

You should really be writing a bit more than that. If your a fast creative writer you could write 4 pages in about 30-35 minutes which will give you some more time for section 3

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
OK, the advice we always got for this section was to

(a) Do it LAST. An incomplete Area of Study essay is much more noticable than an incomplete piece of possibly vague, artistic creative work.

(b) Think of what you're going to write about during the reading time, after you've mentally analysed and answered all the questions in the first part. That way you're prepared to come up with something hopefully half decent in the time you get.

In my trial exam, I spent about 25 minutes on the second part and got full marks. I think I did about 2.5 A4 pages. They aren't really looking for length, usually something which tells the message they want you to convey in a clever way.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
how did everyone go? just came back...for me section 2 was alrite but i stuffed up some parts in my essay

Huy

HSC
N/A
i ran out of time in section 3.
spent too much time on section 1.

i must have spent a good +10 to +15 minutes answering the final part of section 1 (d) how the composer's achieve their purpose.

section 2 was okay :)

Jinglebell

HSC
i swear there was a timeskip while i was doing section 3...i started it with nearly 50 minutes left, was writing away, and then suddenly i only had 25 minutes and i hadn't written nearly as much as i should've...

those who did CSSA trial: which form did you choose for section 3? i did speech because i figured it could be a little less rigid than an essay, and also my teacher told me that heaps of my ext2 essay sounded more like a speech, and i'm used to writing speeches in a short time:)

kalli

HSC
i did the cssa trial. it was ok. a lot better than i thought it would be. i chose an essay in section 3 because i am really bad at writing speeches. section 1 question d was the hardest. the poem was also difficult to understand.

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
i did cssa .
section 1..i spent 40 mins on..and my answers were smick..i rekon full marks for this section
section 2... spent 45mins on... wasted to much time but i rekon 13/15
section 3.. i did an essay...i ran out of time and ended up without a conclusion..i had everythign else... but no fuckign conclusion....i forgot all about the time.. i estimate 9/15
it was an ok paper though...i rekon i went well.hope we hav sumthing like that in HSC...
good luck with results everyone..we get ours tomrrow

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
how long did ppl rite on section 2? i wrote abt 2 1/2 pgs but some ppl just did one page or sumthing....

kalli

HSC
Section 2 i wrote 4 pages but we had booklets that had big line spaces :)

Huy

HSC
N/A
i chose a speech for section 3,
same as Jinglebell.

3 pgs for the 1st
3 pgs for the 2nd
4 pgs for the 3rd.

i was going to write an essay for the third section, but decided at the last minute that i'd have a go at writing a speech (being more flexible) :)

nerdd

my section 2 is SO shocking.. haha. i wrote the interview about this guy who invented cars and it was going to be how they changed over time but who cares about whether we have power steering and air conditionoing and all that crap.
so i went for the cliche (not bothered to care) migrant story.
i did the feature article and i think i went the best in that out of the three... (the only one we could prepare for, really!)
it was good how they gave you a choice though.. good for everyone. but bad as well because i sat there for a while tossing up which one to do. haha.

and i REALLY didn't like that text two. the one about the girls crying.

Huy

HSC
N/A
the worst part of my paper had been section 3

i wrote the crappiest response in the world (i think so anyway), hopefully i'll get 7 to 8 out of 15 to save my dignity :D

Edited: just in case some dude decides to collect info about the AoS exam and sit for it some other day, i wouldn't have given much away... LOL i am paranoid

Last edited:

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
I found it actually quite alright indeed.....(CSSA)

Section / Pages

1 - 4 pages
2 - 6 pages
3 - 6 pages

And Essay for section III. Finished a bit early even :-/

So happy I guess, but I'll wait till the marks ;)

Last edited:

Rahul

Dead Member
it was ok

i did the section 3 first off, spent about 50 mins writting about 4.5 pages. we used cheap pad paper, not the hsc booklets. so i think its about 6-7 pages of hsc.

next i did the reading response. i had to read the peom and 2nd text again, that was confusing :mad:. but i got it in the end. wrote about 3.5 pages for that (abt 5 hsc pages). spent about 40 mins on that

lastly the creative writting.....that was prolly my worst one. i did and interview of some old dude. lol. ex-vietnam soldier. lol it was pretty bad. still managed to fit in 3 pages (4-5 hsc pages).

overall pretty happy with it. looking for something mid-high 30's out of 40. :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
Section I - 15 marks
Section II - 15 marks
Section III - 15 marks

mid 30s out of 45 Rahul?
or would that be 36-39 out of 45?

N

ND

I did CSSA too. Section 1 and 3 were ok but I screwed section 2... I had no idea what i was talking about. I'll be lucky to get 9/15 (especially with the way my teacher marks). I basically talked about a guy who had similar experiences to Patti from section 1.

I find it strange that we did the cssa, but have the modules paper tomorrow. Doesn't everyone else have it wednesday? *gets idea*

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
i think i wrote too much..
we had the hsc pads
section one - 6 pages
section two - 5 pages
section three - 14 pages... (i got really in to it... but didn't even end up finishing my conclusion!!)

Huy

HSC
N/A
25 pages in 2 hours??

i'm fast ... but my max in 2 hours would be about 20 pgs, not 25.
(i have small-medium writing)

you must have been on a roll :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)