AoS eco (1 Viewer)

hellohowslife

HSC
does anybody go to Art of Smart for eco tutoring?
I wanna know if they have released their predictions for the eco questions lol

Last edited:

uniqueusername1

HSC
Heres some questions (note these are not mine):

Topic 1:
1. Discuss the impact of globalisation and trade liberalisation on the global economy
2. Discuss the causes and effects of inequality in the global distribution of income and wealth
3. Discuss the advantages of free trade and the role of international organisations and free trade agreements in promoting trade in the global economy
4. Discuss the impact of globalisation on a country other than Australia
5. Evaluate the policies used to promote economic growth and economic development of a country other than Australia
6. Analyse the causes of different economic development stages
7. Discuss how globalisation has led to variations in the standard of living and differences in the level of development between nations
8. Assess the consequences on an unequal distribution of income and wealth

Topic 2:
1. Explain how movements in the Australian dollar can affect the performance of the Australian economy
2. Analyse the effects of domestic and global free trade and protection policies on the Australian economy
3. Analyse the impact of the changes in the global economy on Australia's Balance of Payments
4. Discuss the impact of changes in the domestic and global economy on Australia's exchange rates
5. Analyse the causes of recent trends in Australia's exchange rates with the global economy
6. Explain the causes of Australia's sustained current account deficit and explain the impacts of a high CAD on the Australian economy
7. Analyse the effects of changes in trade and financial flows on Australia's economic performance
8. Analyse the impact of changes in the components of the balance of payments on the value of the Australian dollar
9. Explain the factors that influence Australia's Balance of Payments

Topic 3:
1. Analyse the causes of unemployment and their effects on the Australian economy
2. Analyse the changing sources of economic growth and their effects on the Australian economy
3. Explain the causes of Australia's fluctuating economic growth rates and the consequences of strong economic growth on the Australian economy
4. Explain the causes of inflation and the impacts of high inflation on the Australian economy
5. Discuss the consequences of an unequal distribution of income and wealth and the impact of fiscal policy on the distribution of income in Australia
5. Consider the extent of income and wealth inequality in Australia and discuss the consequences on Australia of an unequal distribution of income and wealth
6. Analyse the causes and effects of fluctuations in Australia's external stability
7. Examine the economic issues associated with the goal of ecologically sustainable development
8. Explain the causes of economic growth and their impact on achieving goals of internal and external stability

Topic 4:
1. Evaluate the effectiveness of macroeconomic policies in achieving the Australian Governments objectives
2. Analyse how macroeconomic policy can be used to achieve external stability
3. Analyse how macroeconomic policy can be used to achieve internal stability
4. Analyse how fiscal policy can be used to influence resource allocation and income distribution in the Australian economy
5. Analyse the opportunity cost of government decisions in addressing conflicting economic problems or issues
6. Explain how microeconomic policies can be used to achieve the Australian Government's objectives and evaluate their effectiveness
7. Explain the limitations of implementing economic policies in the Australian economy
8. Explain the impact of recent macroeconomic and microeconomic policies on the Australian economy

uniqueusername1

HSC
Topic 4's a bit lacking but just write plans on monetary, fiscal and micro with each policy objective and make sure you evaluate them.

nourished.

HSC
does anybody go to Art of Smart for eco tutoring?
I wanna know if they have released their predictions for the eco questions lol
Lol.

I reckon they're going to be based on labour market policies, macro policies, full employment, inflation.

notme123

HSC
Lol.

I reckon they're going to be based on labour market policies, macro policies, full employment, inflation.
wasnt macro last year? I defs agree with the others tho. they haven't had a labour market in a while. also last year they didn't have any topic 1 essays. Would you predict those maybe?

notme123

HSC
yea I was thinking case study, labour market policies, inflation and BOP/CAD
it would be cas in this case but idk i feel that would be a 6 mark short answer instead. i just dont want to do a case study essay ill take anything else,

uniqueusername1

HSC
yea I was thinking case study, labour market policies, inflation and BOP/CAD or macro
I don't think its going to be inflation.

Yea I reckon it will be something to do with the recent current account surplus and case study

and section 4 is defs going to be a policy and its effectiveness in addressing a specific economic issue

uniqueusername1

HSC
Keep in mind its going to be recent trends and Australia's inflation has been under that 2-3 CPI target and its most likely going to remain low for a while as we recover from the Covid wave 2 lockdowns.

notme123

HSC
I think inflation is possible but it would be worded like "recent trends in the inflation rate and consequences on the economy" (which i dont think there are many except for maybe poor wage growth). This wand labour market would be stimulus. They might throw another curveball like last year with limitations impacting eg and distribution of income

uniqueusername1

HSC
I think inflation is possible but it would be worded like "recent trends in the inflation rate and consequences on the economy" (which i dont think there are many except for maybe poor wage growth). This wand labour market would be stimulus. They might throw another curveball like last year with limitations impacting eg and distribution of income
Limitations are great. If you analyse the policies throughly you'll find heaps.

uniqueusername1

HSC
Yea thats highly unlikely. It might be recent trends in unemployment and distribution instead and their impacts.

notme123

HSC
if they ask about the case study then i’m picking the other option by default
omg same

ill be so happy if it’s on unemployment
what I've been told by a senior marker (i think she was otherwise she was just a hsc marker) I used to see is that the topics they love testing are external stability and environmental cuz they're the easiest to differentiate people (mainly because you need to be up to date). she said anyone can write a good u/e essay but not everyone can do a good essay for those topics. but the thing is environmental has been tested 4 years in a row and external stability 2 years in a row so idk

otherwise ye u/e would be decent with everything happening at the moment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)