AOS belonging (1 Viewer)

emzym100

emily.
HSC
is anyone doing skrzynecki for belonging??

any ideas on how to write an essay on his poems??

bored of sc

HSC
There's no set in stone way of approaching an AOS essay on Peter Skrzynecki's poetry.

Create a thesis statement/line of argument.
Use specific examples from poetry to develop and prove this thesis statement.
Don't forget to be repetitive - but try to use variety upon repetition i.e. say the same thing in a different way.

Mountain Megz

HSC
My english teacher always enforces the use of techniques! but dont just focus on them, only state techniques that convey an aspect of belonging.
- incorporate technque into a statement with both the idea being conveyed and how it relates to the concept of belonging.
- all the poems of PS convey a different notion/aspect of belonging. Be sure to state which aspect of a particular poem conveys. For example, migrant hostel communicates the aspect of change - how belonging is a changing concept within our lives.

I am just having a study break, so i better get back to it... Geo essay. bye:spin:

bored of sc

HSC
As Mountain Megz said, it's all about techniques.

Take for example this:

Thesis Statement: Belonging does not exist.

Now for a body paragraph you might do something like:
Point: sub-aspect of thesis statement: Belonging is merely a creation of the imagination.
Example/quote/technique: this is reinforced in the poem 10 Mary St. by Peter Skrzynecki. The quote "blah blah blah" uses the technique of la la la to create the mental image of ra ra ra.
Explanation: This relates directly to the inexistence of belonging as the Skrzynecki have to create a new entity and it is in this entity that they can feel psychologically at ease with themselves, others and the world. Thus, it is this fabrication of belonging which create an illusion of its existence as a universal human concept. Blah blah blah.

A better example is needed but I hope you get the point.

In a nutshell:
- Point: a notion directly related to thesis statement.
- Quote: an example from text which incorporates a technique(s).
- Comment: explain the effect of the technique on the responder IN RELATION to the point raised earlier.

That's what I do for body paragraphs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)