Anyone tempted to abbreviate in their essays?? (1 Viewer)

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
Hey all

Just wondering if anyone has been tempted to abbreviate in their essays during the HSC? What with this technology driven, age of mass communication that we're all in, I had to constantly stop myself using b4, w/, ppl, w/o, 2moro...the list goes on. It was sooo tempting! It would have saved heaps of time too.

I understand that this is mainly the fault of text messaging, email, the use of shorthand during most of yr 12 to write down what the teachers are dictating (cause they go so damn fast!) But yeah, anyone esle been in the same situation?

Jessisbored

HSC
haha i got tempted in my business exam to put a 'B' with a circle around it, but i was told not to. It would save heaps of time! and in addition would take alot of the tiredness out of your hand :p

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
errr no..
im so glad i learned how to write properly before i started using the internet and sms,
the kids in primary school now are going to have troubles when they get to hsc level
in business for the report its perfectly fine to write a business name in short once you mention the whole thing first then put in brackets the shortened version, i think i called the business basic phone company BB

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
Yep, in every exam as well...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)