anyone serious about a music career? (1 Viewer)

DaRanjed

A sax costs $4000??
You're kidding me, right?
That's how much my upright piano cost...

Dammit, I'll follow my heart and sax it out. ;)

And skankit, 1 year and you reached Grade 6? Woah
Are you really committed and talented... or can I do that too? lol

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
nah i duno how much saxaphones cost... but still...!!! hehehe! O well, if you enjoy playing sax then it should be easier for you to progress fast! But before that, can you read music and stuff, DaRanjed? Cos you could learn sax a lot quicker if you can read music cos then you got the basic fundementals of music covered and all you gota learn are the fingerings for the notes of the sax and then everything else should take care of itself :)

DaRanjed

I looked around the net and an average sax costs around $1000. lol :)

Yea, I play the piano...and did it for the HSC.
but woah...the sax is really different...even though I can read music.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
yeah, i think, as with all instruments, it depends on the quality. I mean, violins can cost $500 for crap one $1000 for a good one and $50,000 for a bloody awesome one. Same with sax's, trumpets, clarinets etc. I know that oboes, on average, cos about $2000 but mine cost $4500 cos its hand made. (and reeds!!! jeebus!! they're $27 and they need to be changed every 4 weeks!! :()

sax isn't THAT different is it? what instrument did you play before?

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
see that is why you should play the trumpet. You buy a trumpet and a mouthpiece and you can use it for the rest of your life. No need to change reeds or anything! hahahahhaha

DaRanjed

Naah, saxophones are cooler. ;)

I play the piano 0 which is real different to sax, right? I have never played an instrument where you press little things etc.

moon_styla

[16527th BoS member]
HSC
yep but pianos are the best out of all the instruments :) u can do so much wif em!!

DaRanjed

lol
saxophone aren't as common as guitars.

And yea, I agree that the piano is the all-round greatest instrument. :uhhuh:

ja`-/se

HSC
All instruments have their pros cons and limitations, to say you can do so much on the piano comparitively, no more than you can on say the trombone, guitar even,

trumpetboy

HSC
Nope, your all got it wrong....you cant go wrong with trumpet's....you cant just beat it...BRASS FOR LIFE!

HSC
i hope to play music professionally.
i would have liked to have done music at uni, but i never learnt how to read. i play by ear.
maybe when i finish my current degree i'll go back and get a music degree.
i'm a competent guitarist, but i have secret aspirations of being a concert pianist.
sigh

mack

Banned
HSC
I used to be serious about trying to make it as a jazz fusion artist, but when you hear about the percentage of people that actually make it big against those that languish on tiny labels on a meager salary, I decided it wasn't worth it.

mack

Banned
HSC
Yeah, but there are so many people out there who practise like 8-10 hours a day, hoping one day to become recognised....but nothing ever happens. If there was some guarantee I could make something of it I'd put in the long hard hours to make it, but there isn't.

mack

Banned
HSC
Thats why I just keep it as a hobby. Making a career out of it seems to risky, but it would be awesome to get paid to do something you love. I might try it out once I already have a career that I can fall back on in case it doesn't work out.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
mack said:
Thats why I just keep it as a hobby. Making a career out of it seems to risky, but it would be awesome to get paid to do something you love. I might try it out once I already have a career that I can fall back on in case it doesn't work out.
yeah at least ur good at other stuf other than music. I suck at evreything i do including music but i wana become a musician. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)