anyone serious about a music career? (2 Viewers)

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Abraxus said:
I don't think I have what it takes to make it in Major level study at the Conservatorium, but I still applied for it even though I have no chance - there's one of the required pieces that is too late to start learning now, and two of my pieces are incomplete. But I have a chance in Minor study, so I'm pretty much hoping for the best. I have backups at least ;)
Oh dont wory i only just got 2 of my audition pieces yesterday! So i have to learn them quick.... but dude, at least your going for it - its better than giving up in the first place - who cares if your pieces arent up to scratch yet - its that dedication to music that you have is important, so keep working at it and give it your best shot - youll be fine!!!!

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
Crikket said:
go for it guys!
everyone has talent, otherwise you wouldn't have chosen a career in music...

and if all else fails trumpet geek, you can always busk in the streets for money :D
oooh actually, you can become one of those trumpet players for cruise ship brass bands!
wow! that'd be so good!
i want to take a year off and getting a band together and get a job on a cruise ship!
hehee
If you wait 3 years i can play drums for you, lol ;)

Abraxus

HSC
trumpet geek said:
Oh dont wory i only just got 2 of my audition pieces yesterday! So i have to learn them quick.... but dude, at least your going for it - its better than giving up in the first place - who cares if your pieces arent up to scratch yet - its that dedication to music that you have is important, so keep working at it and give it your best shot - youll be fine!!!!
Haha, that makes me feel a whole lot better, but I still recken I have no chance ;) Not giving up though, I'll make them think I didn't know that my pieces had extra movements, hahaha. I think the fact that I'm not prepared for it makes the whole thing ever more fun. But for the Minor level audition I'm gonna take that one seriously, cause I believe that I can get into that.

=Mike B=

HSC
N/A
I suppose that if someone is determined enough and absolutely lives to play music and to pursue their dreams/goals, they will eventually succeed.

I suppose the setback with Music is that after doing a degree... there are no immeadiate career options open. Well there might be... but still! You need to be pretty committed and determined if you want to reach the top or somewhere close...

I know an excellent cellist who has already made plans about what they are going to do in the future and what he wants to achieve in that time... He has been accepted into ANAM and is also thinking of studying overseas... he is 17 at the moment!

So thats just an example... If u dream of having a flourishing music career and work hard at it... no-doubt you will succeed...

like what trumpet geek said...
i am going to become a professional trumpet player i dont care what anyone else says they all tell me that its way to hard to get a job its probably true but i dont care i know im not a very good trumpet player... actually, i totally suck but i love playing it (although i sometimes hate it cos i cant play it properly) but its the only thing that i can do really ive had too many lectures on music wont put food on the table blah blah blah etc etc etc and that there are only 8 trumpet jobs in sydney and therye all taken and there are too many other bloody good trumpet players wanting to get a spot and blah blah blah but thats not gona stop me! Trumpet is my life! I am going to play trumpet until the day i die and when i die my trumpet has to be buried with me and all my trumpet player mates are gona play the trumpet fanfare from the Verdi Requiem at my funeral

Why not? Go for it man!

And to everyone else out there, just go for it! do it! DO IT! DO IT! (ahahhah starsky & Hutch)

man i sound like a grandma... but still! im trying to motivate you people and saying if u love it so much nothing can stop u...

This has been another attempted motivational speech by =Mike B=... Have a nice day

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
i don't know bout a job... but i'd love to get into mixing music, just a a hobby (although it might be slightly expensive) :D

DaRanjed

Do you think it's too late for me to learn the saxophone? I've learnt the piano since I was 8 and did it for the HSC.
But the sax just seems so special and fun.
I plan to learn the sax when I finish my exams...

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
yes im sorry, i think it is a little too late to start playing saxaphone... so maybe you should start taking up trumpet instead cos theyre WAAAAAY better and so much more fun to play. Youll thank me one day if you take up trumpet for telling you too. :)

DaRanjed

But saxophones sound more...well, not as pitchy. :eek:
Ah well, I'm gonna learn just to say I can play 2 instruments.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
DaRanjed said:
But saxophones sound more...well, not as pitchy. :eek:
Ah well, I'm gonna learn just to say I can play 2 instruments.
what do you mean by 'pitchy'????

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
DaRanjed said:
lol I think I mean that saxophones sound more mellow and sensual. :uhhuh:

fine, go ahead and play the saxaphone...! Its not my fault if you spend $4000 on a brand new sax and realise that you shoulda bought a trumpet for half the price! hehehe! Nah, saxes are cool. YOu should play tenor! Once you learn how ta play it, you have to join a ska band with me!!

skankit

well i gotta say (and speaking from experience - ive played both!!!) saxaphone is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier. i got upto grade 6 in a year, whereas it took me 3 or 4 for trumpet (admittedly i only had lessons for the las tyr of that but still!!)

i dunno obviously i like trumpet because i stuck with that, but i REALLY wish id stuck with sax too, i miss it lots! maybe i could pick it up again!! yes... splendid ... i shall do that... :uhhuh:

but trumpet will always be my premier instrument! i wanted ot be a pro but i wanna do jazz and there are too many ppl out there that are too good, i dont stand a chance, so im happy ot play for my own enjoyment rather than an income (obviously im gonna marry a rich guy so i dont need to work...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)