• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone Please Help ?! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I have already applied for Early Entry into University of New England (UNE) and the requirements of getting it is that you have to study on campus for at least the first year ..

But my parents think that if they move to Armidale (where UNE is located) then i wouldnt have to pay for the accommodation fees ..

My question is , is that if i tell them to move to Armidale and get into UNE via Early Entry , i will obviously have to turn it down as i wont be living on campus .. but i want to go to UNE. Will they still give me an offer through the normal way .. even though i turned them down through Early Entry ??

So basically can i still get into UNE if i say no to Early Entry ??

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm not 100% sure, but I'd say that they'd let you in during main round, if you met the requirements. The fact that you turned them down due to an unrelated reason is not a factor in giving you an offer.

izzy88

HSC
I have already applied for Early Entry into University of New England (UNE) and the requirements of getting it is that you have to study on campus for at least the first year ..

But my parents think that if they move to Armidale (where UNE is located) then i wouldnt have to pay for the accommodation fees ..

My question is , is that if i tell them to move to Armidale and get into UNE via Early Entry , i will obviously have to turn it down as i wont be living on campus .. but i want to go to UNE. Will they still give me an offer through the normal way .. even though i turned them down through Early Entry ??

So basically can i still get into UNE if i say no to Early Entry ??
sorry is the requirement for early entry that you live on campus (at the colleges), or that you study on campus (ie. not by distance education). I find it difficult to believe that the first situation is the case - they want students to study on campus (ie. attend on campus classes, not study over the internet), but I wouldn't have thought they necessarily force you into colleges (although the colleges aren't full, and they are a fun place to live).

From taking a quick look at their website, my interpretation is that the latter is the case:

"Who can apply?

UNE Early Entry is available for most UNE degrees, to:
current Year 12 students
full-time students preparing to sit for the full NSW HSC in TAFE colleges in NSW and the ACT
full-time TAFE Tertiary Preparation Certificate students.
You must also intend to study full-time and on-campus in Armidale."
http://www.une.edu.au/for/future-students/earlyentry.php

ie. basically not via distance education. They don't care if you live in town or at the colleges... however I guess this could be easily confirmed either way by calling or sending an email to UNE.

Last edited:

izzy88

HSC
OOOOHHHHHH

Thank you so much !

Thats great =)
haha that's alright. I know Armidale/UNE - they have a very large proportion of students studying via distance education - they want more students to actually study on campus (which I think is what they are getting at via that requirement). I would check with the university, but I don't think they mean to require you to live in the colleges.

HSC
I also applied for early entry and distance education (through online) at the same time (it's good to have back up options), this way if i wasn't accepted through early entry they could immediately look at my online application.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)