• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone here do strength training? (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
no no i didnt mean that, yea sure u do different muscle groups in different days.

yea i agree with wat ur saying.

and not sure about the banana, chamelia started it, then others copied, then i copied, lol.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
so ppl, whats some good upper chest and tricep workouts?

keep in mind that i only have dumbells, a barbell (maximum weight, loading all my weights, is only 40kg :()a non-inclindable bench with barbell rest, and the ability to do slow pushups (normal and inclined, slow meaning 3 seconds for 1 pushup).

Last edited:

Gloves

HSC
BEST tricep exercise is bench dips. it works out all three heads of the tricep at once and is just amazing.

upper chest - probably flies.

just use regular chairs and if you want, put weights on your lap.

Gloves

HSC
hey that looks fun!

what are flies?
it's seriously amazing. you see results in no time. but at first your wrists will hurt a little. just keep at it.

oh, and if you hadn't worked it out, you dip yourself between the benches.

Last edited:

Gloves

HSC
pushups, especially the way you're doing them (you're putting wayy to much weight on your wrists) can seriously fuck your wrists up and cause you damage. if you must do pushups, do ballerina style pushups.

you use you fists instead of your hands and you have your feet posed in a ballerina stance (i.e. the top of your feet facing down so that the bottom of your feet are facing up)

they're great.

Last edited:

Gloves

HSC
i do do them on my knuckles.

whats the deal with this ballerina style?
well, bacsically when you have your feet how they'd be when you're doing tranditional pushups, your legs are doing some of the work, which means that some of the strength goes into your legs, and not fully into your arms. putting your feet in a bellerina pose basically makes your legs void, i.e. you stop using them, so all the strength goes into your arms.

that doesn't even make much sense.

NinjaSauce

HSC
My, My... I disappear for about a year and i see this topic and think "WOW, they are STILL arguing about this." Only to find that this is a new topic made in Feb '09. I've been on the internet long enough to know everything just repeats it self, but didn't expect it here. Nice to see it is a sticky now. Must be new serious-ish moderators with some resemblance of training knowledge... Though, i bet every second post is probably "how do i get abs in under 1 week, but i don't want to diet, and training is hard. Oh BTW, i am 160cm tall and 100kg, never trained." And now... I re-disappear into the abyss of the internet.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
hmm, for some reason when i do barbell raises (dunno if thats what its called, stand with straight back, pull barbell up to chin then lower it), i hear a click in my left shoulder, from the bone or something.

At first i ignored this and kept going, but then it started to hurt, so i immediately stopped.

ive done this workout before heaps of times, but its started happening in my past 2 weights sessions, as soon as it clicks i stop to avoid an injury.

No im not using an insanely heavy weight, i could use more actually but this clicking issue occurs, and its quite annoying.
this hasnt happened with any of my other joints before, but its also happened when i do pushups, and after a few clicks it again starts to hurt, after which i immediately stop, but this doesnt always happen with pushups.

anyone knows whats up, how i stop this?

Boxes

Banned
HSC
you've probably got a mild case of arthritis.

maybe you should get it checked out by your gp?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)