Anyone here do strength training? (2 Viewers)

BreezerD

HSC
So does anyone here do proper strength training exercises? None of these homo bicep curls and 123141-rep ab exercises... I'm talking squats, deadlifts, bench and overhead presses, power cleans, weighted pullups, etc.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Try doing really slow pushups, like 2-3 seconds for 1 pushup.

I did 3 sets of as many pushups i could do, spending 3 sec on each pushup. First set i did 20, second set i did 12, third set i did 7, lol.

Then last week i did the same thing, but i had my hands together. First and second sets i did 12, third set i did 11, tried to do 12, but i just collapsed, lol.

Slow pushups are quite hard, and i guess good for strength.

Cisco-Kid

HSC
i do. training to be a personal trainer. if anyone wants to improve their physique, pm a brother and give me your info on what you wanna improve on. ill be more than happy to help :)

Cisco-Kid

HSC
..and apparantly pushups with hands together, maybe that also means dumbell press with hands together?
no, that works your triceps. your thinking of diamond pushups and close grip dumbell press, that works your triceps and forearms

HSC
Yeah brah, these are my totals:

Squat (ATG) - 3x5 - 130kg
Deadlift 5RM - 145kg
Bench - 3x5 - 80kg

Only been at it two months though.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
um, by 3x5 do you mean 3 sets of 5 reps?

Will you get much out of only doing 5 reps?

maybe i should adopt that technique..

eg for chest i currently do dumbell press, 15kg each hand, first set i do 11 reps, second set i do 12, third set i do 15.
Maybe i should increase to about 20-25kg and do 3 sets of 5 reps..

Last edited:

Scissors

HSC
um, by 3x5 do you mean 3 sets of 5 reps?

Will you get much out of only doing 5 reps?

maybe i should adopt that technique..
yeah dude, it's known as power lifting.

and yeah, you should adopt that technique. it's much better to lift heavy weights and only do a few reps, than lift light weights and do many reps.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i see, in that case i'll try it out next week, probaby should get someone to spot me, dont wanna crush my ribs or rip my arms or anything :eek:

edit: i'll be trying out power lifting and drop sets next week. lets see how it turns out.

Last edited:
HSC
thanks dude.

i mainly use Scoobys Home Bodybuilding Workouts, but im no beginner, i did weights in high school for 2.5 years, i got pretty tanked, according to my friends, then i took a year off for some reason, then i started again end of last year.
6 months is novice sorry man, not being novice requires at least a year + an inability to progress linearly.

I checked out the workout, its looks pretty good but I think Rippetoe is much more solid. What does everyone else think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)