Anyone has Comm@UNSW as 1st pref? (1 Viewer)

schmeichung

HSC
Please post your UAI here if you are..
I am so worried if I can get in..
I got 96.2 and SAM 96.75..
I am really in doubt if the cutoff increase by half constantly each year.. :(:(:(

hasterz

HSC
it seems to me its gonna be really close..... uai was 96.10 last year i think, so i dunno.. but dont worry your pretty much garunteed a place in Sydney Uni and their commerce degrees are just as good.

btw, congrats on your UAI.

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
I've got it as my first preference, I got 96.05. According to UAC 2005 last year's cutoff was 96, so if I do manage to get in it will be bloody close.

I don't know how accurate these predictions are, but on page 333 there are projected UAI cutoffs (I think they are normal cutoffs, although they are in the international fee paying section) and commerce dropped to 95.

I suppose we can only hope.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
mmmm so many ppl are choosing it.. i rkn itll rise =\

got 97.9 and its my 5th pref after all the macquarie actuarial ones

grimreaper

HSC
My first pref is seng\comm @ unsw, and I was worried I wouldnt get the uai for commerce however I ended up >98 so Im very relieved

phungus

HSC
damnit i only got 95.5 UAI
i guess no commerce @ unsw for me...
oh and for usyd b commerce, do u guys think it'll rise by a big deal?

S

Shuter

I did but fell miserably short. It will be backdoor shinanigans for me.

schmeichung

HSC
There was no local-fee paying to get in commerce@unsw with lower UAI last year and international, who had the SAME cutoff as normal cutoff 96.
Also, I am wondering what does "projected cutoff" actually means?
What if there will be thousands of oversea students who managed to get above 95 and they will all be accepted?
I reckon places should remain similar for each year, if the cutoff for oversea will be 95, which means more places will be for oversea students..? and the normal cutoff will rise tremendously since places are reserved to the oversea student..??

BillyMak said:
I've got it as my first preference, I got 96.05. According to UAC 2005 last year's cutoff was 96, so if I do manage to get in it will be bloody close.

I don't know how accurate these predictions are, but on page 333 there are projected UAI cutoffs (I think they are normal cutoffs, although they are in the international fee paying section) and commerce dropped to 95.

I suppose we can only hope.

schmeichung

HSC
Thanks first..
but USyd does not offer actuarial studies so now I am desperate to get in com@unsw..

hasterz said:
it seems to me its gonna be really close..... uai was 96.10 last year i think, so i dunno.. but dont worry your pretty much garunteed a place in Sydney Uni and their commerce degrees are just as good.

btw, congrats on your UAI.

sig

HSC
B Comm/B Engineering @ UNSW

I reckon you'll be able to squeeze into B Comm :)

sig

HSC
that's really cutting it close. I ain't going to make any assumptions due to lack of knowledge which can lead to dissapointment and a very angry person

You got EAS?

soyeon785

My 1st preference was actually Bcom at USYD cos i thought i couldn't get uai >95

But i got 98.80 so i changed my 1st pref as Bcom at UNSW

I'm pretty sure uais>96 can get into that course

No need to worry :)

Last edited:

sig

HSC
Difference between BComm @ USYD to UNSW?

UNSW is harder to get to for me...that's all I know :p

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
No, I could have applied because I'm from a rural area and I did economics by distance ed, but I didn't feel too disadvantaged by it and didn't think I should be scabbing extra marks because of it.

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
Does anyone know how many places for commerce at UNSW they actually give out?

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
No offence intended, but I am sure some of you who put down comm@UNSW will hate some of the core subjects.

Its surprising how many people pick a course not because they like it, or they have a passion for learning- but because apparently the job market is good. But then it is often those people who lack motivation- and thus their marks aren't as good- but hey it gets u a job right?:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)