Anyone else feel like Module C is going to KILL them? (1 Viewer)

Kermallyte

HSC
I'm doing History and Memory and Im totally screwed!!!
Am I alone? lol
How is everyone else getting their head arounds this?

lychnobity

HSC
:burn: damned module ensures I aint getting into med.

lychnobity

HSC
nope module A is going to kill me LOL history and memory is alright when you find the link and you are able to find the key between representation and meaning.
Module A can have my babies, module C murders the embryos, damned module.

Either way, history and memory and Levertov poetry can go burn itself. I'd probably like the module more if I didn't have such a shitty prescribed text.

HSC
We are doing ted hughes and 2 weeks before our trial the head teacher came to our class and told us to get rid of our related material (most of us had done political cartoons, paintings etc) and do a sylvia plath poem WTF!!!!, you could of told us that earlier. All the good sylvia plath poems are on the extension syllabus aswell so we are f*#ked

dave91

HSC
hey boys and girls

does anyone have some practise qs for H + M?

would be greatly appreciated - i got eng paper 2 trial on monday and i need some practise =)

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
As of this Thursday just gone I actually have a new-found respect for this module.
I used to hate it because I didn't understand it but now that I get what the hell the rubric is going on about it's now my favourite module.
Plus Julius Caesar was a good text anyway.

jet

Banned
HSC
We are doing ted hughes and 2 weeks before our trial the head teacher came to our class and told us to get rid of our related material (most of us had done political cartoons, paintings etc) and do a sylvia plath poem WTF!!!!, you could of told us that earlier. All the good sylvia plath poems are on the extension syllabus aswell so we are f*#ked
You know you can use any texts on the extension syllabus as a related text? BOS don't care about doing the same texts between Extension and Advanced, they only care about using the same text for more than one Advanced module.

I'm using The Shipping News for Belonging and I've had absolutely no problems with using it.

If you want to do a Plath poem, the best one to do would most probably be Fever 103°, Daddy or The Applicant - they all have references to Hughes.

But, yeah I kind of like this module. I think, once you realise what they're asking of you, it's quite easy.

jet

Banned
HSC
hey boys and girls

does anyone have some practise qs for H + M?

would be greatly appreciated - i got eng paper 2 trial on monday and i need some practise =)
The past ~7-8 years of HSCs all have H and M questions. The elective hasn't changed.

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
This is the worst module. I'm doing conflicting perspectives..

When I went into the trials I discovered the module for this was not called Conflicting Perspectives, but called Representation and Text. Shows how much I know about this module.

:( I don't get any of it! So we find conflicting perspectives and link them to each text, then what else?? I also know about techniques, but I don't understand what they want us to do..

And I thought Gatsby and EBB was bad.

dekimasu

HSC
Not mod C, creative is gonna kill me. Got 7/15 for it in the trials. Next lowest section was 15/20 lol.

HSC
Nah...Module A was the one I hated the most. Euurgh. Bladrunner and Frankenstein. Module C is ok, we're doing Hughes.

HSC
i was in the breach of getting a really good mark for module C, but ended up getting 7/20 because i didn't get time to finish it :burn:

but i'm confident that it won't happen for the HSC :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)