Anybody wanna make bets on paper 1 Theme? (1 Viewer)

Alkanes

HSC
Relationships or Identity. Community is just too broad. But in saying so, you could link community with place.

Keelan134

HSC
We had experiences in the CSSA trial. What's the chances of getting that?

I asked a teacher who said each writer of a trial submits to BOS and they clarify if its an alright exam and doesnt match the HSC. However several schools write their own Trials, and if they all submit their paper to BOS, chances of one school having the same theme as the HSC are high, and if BOS tells them to change a question, wouldnt then they know what the question is gunna be?

Not a firm believer of that theory, but anybody else been told that too?

strawberryswing

HSC

I asked a teacher who said each writer of a trial submits to BOS and they clarify if its an alright exam and doesnt match the HSC. However several schools write their own Trials, and if they all submit their paper to BOS, chances of one school having the same theme as the HSC are high, and if BOS tells them to change a question, wouldnt then they know what the question is gunna be?

I've been told that the BOS modifies the HSC question so it isn't the same as the trial questions, it seems like it would be too obvious the other way around. I'm not sure about all the individual schools who write their own papers, but i've been told that the catholic trials and the independent trials get looked at. Not completely sure this is true though, but it sounds sensible for the BOS to do that.

jnney

lemon
HSC

Actually, the trial question asked at my school last year was identical to the one in the HSC exam, so that was a big win for everyone .

Keelan134

HSC
Actually, the trial question asked at my school last year was identical to the one in the HSC exam, so that was a big win for everyone .
Are you from a school that sits the independent or CSSA trial?

ElizabethQ

HSC
Last year's CSSA trials was about Belonging to Places, and the HSC 2011 was about places...coincidence?

soozy

HSC
With all the controversy over last year's exam and people/teachers/students/tutors being able to guess the question or thereabouts, I fear the BoS will likely overcompensate for it and throw us something inhumanly obscure...
"In engaging with the text, a responder may experience and understand the possibilities presented by a sense of belonging to, or exclusion from the text and the world it represents."
that sort of obscurity
but that is such a generic question?
it'd be so much easier than a question asking specifically for relationships or society.

habitres

HSC
Well I have prepared 20+ quotes so pretty ready for anything. Going on something like community/individuality, in a sense that both can either create belonging or not-belonging.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)