ANY1 STILL HAVEN"T STARTED WRITING IT? (1 Viewer)

Pointy Ears

HSC
Oh man, I'm so glad to know that there are others who are sorta in the same (almost sinking) boat as I. I also have to finish my first draft by the end of the holidays cos my teachers' gonna give us a viva notification in the 1st wk, so if i'm not ready, then i'm screwed :(
But yea, my script is about ur typical hatred of self and hatred of others which is explored in the mind of a person on the brink of insanity type thing. Am now trying to channel all my evilness into this piece, but since am in a slightly good mood, im finding it quite difficult -_-;

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Update! I have done around 5000 words...it's not in the best shape but it's starting to lose that literary fat =). Sorry for abandoning you others on this sinking "i haven't started yet" ship...if there are any left in it =)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
still no progress from me :) im worrying too much about my half yearlies to be thinking about this

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
ive done 0.115% of my total work

i.e. 1150 words it's not in any coherent sentence structure just ideas splayed out like a welding torch. and n.b. i write more in msn convos than on my project which is concerning =S

Alimoe_KG

HSC
_muse_ said:
still no progress from me :) im worrying too much about my half yearlies to be thinking about this

NOOOOOOO!! You can't do that!! It's due in term 3. I you're worrying too much about ur half yearlies to write it...imagine having to write it while worrying for your trials....which is pretty much what will happen if you don't get heaps done this holidays. Half yearlies pfffft do ur 4U !! Or you'll have both trials AND 4U (MW plus reflection statement) crammed up your behind in the next holidays.

And Amoz...i worry about you too =) Mainly because i'm exactly like you hahaha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Sorry guys. The ship is sinking faster then titanic and i have no choice but to fly off in Donald Trump's personal helicopter =D. .....wtf did i just say? made absolute no sense. Which is pretty much how my current 5000 word story sounds like...it's actuallly 6500 now =). I don't think i can fit it in under 8000!! >.<

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
spruce moose!!! hop in =)
hehehe good old simpsons references

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
i've only just started properly, since i decided to change my idea (again) these past holidays. i'm almost at the 1000 word mark.

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh lord, i feel truly screwed. Ive not started anything serious because my concept changes every3 weeks or so. i just dont know where/how to start or what exactly it is that im doing. Im freaking our here, quite a bit! And ive only got 7 days of the holidays left, at least two of which i cant write in. Anybody PLEASE HELP ME! how do i get my ass movin?! im just uninspired and unmotivated and unbelievably unsure of myself in this. gah!*DIES*

stillwaters

HSC
this probably sounds really unhelpful and not at all inspiring but just WRITE!@!!! Force yourself into somewhere thats quiet i.e. your room, have everything off the desk except for paper (sometimes scrap paper is good to write on because it kinda shows you can change it, chuck it out and what you're writing isnt set in stone), pen, whatever else you truly need... i dunno glass of water... and just write for an hour. or thirty minutes. just get something down on paper. like im writing from the middle because i dont know how to start it. i was freaking out as well at the beginning of the holidays but now i have a few paragraphs which is good. last night was good too because i got at least three paragraphs of some sort of writing out. i think the feeling of uninspired/ unmotivated/ unsuredness is going to hanging around for a while- i think everyone doing ext 2 (unless they are oscar wilde or something reincarnated- good for you if you are) has it and its like a panic attack that recurs.
and if this quote helps-
The thing is not to write what no-one else could have written, but to write what only you could have written.
so whatever you write (even if it seems crap at first) is already ok. its the massive editing that comes that will make it excellent. you just need something to edit
g luck. you can do it :uhhuh: (man i wish i could write my critical response thingy as easily as i wrote that huge hunk of paragraph above ><)

Heliotrope

HSC
What stillwaters said is good. :)

kasakiki: At this point, you really have to finalise a concept. That's the first thing. Think it all through, develop it to a point of sophistication, stick with it, and try to like it. Whatever it takes.

I'm practically in the same boat. :) I'd only written a thousand measly words prior to the holidays, and that was because my teacher told me she wanted to see something, anything, from me, or else I'd be out of the course. Haha. While some people I know have already finished their first drafts. @___@ I still have no fucking clue where I'm going to go with my story, but I'm setting myself a goal of 1000 each day, no matter how terrible, so at least I have something to work with. I have 1800 words now, and should have at least 7000 by the end of the holidays. I hope to jesus I will, anyway. Best of luck! :) You're not alone. Write write write.

Hysterik

HSC
I am in the same boat. HAHAHA. I'm so glad there are others around like me! ;) I actually should be writing it now. But I can't write the first sentence!

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
My concept was changing rapidly too, right up until Term 1 Week 3. So I frowned, crossed out the word 'change' and put 'evolve'. That way, you can say how it progressed in your Journal and how you built upon it.

Now, when I felt the concept was clutching at straws I evolved it until I had written enough to set it in concrete.

Mind you, all you story-writers, there is no word count for websites or Multimedia. You could just put your story on a screen, add images and music, and have a word limit not constrained to 8000. Its brilliant! Not that I'm doing that though.

Of course, you have to maintain quality, but I've seen a really good website with over 20,000 words get 49. You just have to have 15-40 screens of 'substantial text.' I would still like to stick to under 10,000 though. It's analytical-imaginative writing.

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
Its amazing, i have settled on a concept and started writing somewhat, research is easier and better now too because im actually ineterested in what im wrirting,lol, it always helps. And like you all suggested, i just started writing and the concept showed itself! Muahaha, im getting there! Viva Voce however is a different matter.
Also, Evolve........i like that........:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)