• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ANY1 STILL HAVEN"T STARTED WRITING IT? (1 Viewer)

Alimoe_KG

HSC
I have a grand total word amount of 30 words. I was just wondering if there's anyone else in my boat ^^

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Haha well...we have to hand it in by beginning of term 3 except that my teacher has threatened to refuse to hand in my work if i don't show her a draft by end of this holidays sooooooo im' scared shitless :p

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
The script that was performed at OnStage last year was written in 3 days.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
cmon, just write!

it doesnt have to be intellectual the first time you write it!

it can be refined later!

just write!

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
haha i had done nothing and my teacher gave me the same gist, he trusted me though, cause i promised him it would be done by the time it was due, regardless of having done nothing on it after 2 terms

anyways,
iwrote mine in the term 2 holidays, which i regret in retrospect, cause u can make it a hell of a lot better f u give yoruself time to actually structure it before hand and have time to read over each sentence and make them better.

my teacher was so relieved wen i walked in day 1 of term 3 with a draft within the word limit

monique66

umm...i have a crappy storyline which i want to change but i can't think of anything better, if i just start writing things'll just start flowing right? God i hope so

Alimoe_KG

HSC
gordo said:
haha i had done nothing and my teacher gave me the same gist, he trusted me though, cause i promised him it would be done by the time it was due, regardless of having done nothing on it after 2 terms

anyways,
iwrote mine in the term 2 holidays, which i regret in retrospect, cause u can make it a hell of a lot better f u give yoruself time to actually structure it before hand and have time to read over each sentence and make them better.

my teacher was so relieved wen i walked in day 1 of term 3 with a draft within the word limit
hahahaha my teacher trusts me.....but she likes to dabble in our works so she doesn't want me ot hand it in without her actually having a good enough look at it. And yes, i agree, it's much better to have your idea solidified, your structure down and set and all that before you start writing. But also have enough time left over to refine it. So Damnation, hmmmmi suggest you actually kind of, not perfect, but refine your storyline a bit before you write. You may hope it will gradually get better as you write, but that might not happen, and you could be stuck with something you're not happy with but not have time to change it because you already spent so much time writing the bad one.

But then again, as ur inner child said....just write the damn thing :p

monique66

yeah, i am as we speak...i have a couple of sparks going off in my head as i write, i think i'll just get a quick draft done (coz i'm going a script) then just keep re-drafting it till i'm happy with it

Alimoe_KG

HSC
damnation said:
yeah, i am as we speak...i have a couple of sparks going off in my head as i write, i think i'll just get a quick draft done (coz i'm going a script) then just keep re-drafting it till i'm happy with it
good idea! =D
oooooh sparks. Don't you love sparks? Unfortunately, my sparks usually come at 3 a.m. in the morning or while im in the shower. THe latter scenerio is espicially troublesome, but luckly the pad and pen in my room is right next to the bathroom :p

monique66

hehe...like they say, never leave home without paper and a pen, i always get good ideas when i'm doing something strange

Alimoe_KG

HSC
damnation said:
hehe...like they say, never leave home without paper and a pen, i always get good ideas when i'm doing something strange
strange? not too strange i hope :p

monique66

hehe...no not that kind of strange i mean like say for example i was taking my dog (which i no longer have) for a walk and he decided to pull really hard and i was on these rocks and i slipt and fell into the mud (yes, my butt) and i had to walk home. On the way i thought 'man people must be looking at me like i'm some kind of monster coz of my butt and my dog (who was also covered with mud)' then i got home and wrote down everything then used it for the basis of a screenplay about monsters...weird but sparky

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
do u have an idea?

cause i basically made mine up as i went, u can do that too and hopefully be lucky like me and ahve it turn into a well rounded story

thats only if you ahve really bitten off more than u can chew and are significantly pressed for time

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Well my excuse for only having written a 1000 words is that, creative genius cannot work within time frames and deadlines ;)
Plus, i know i'll get it done somehow. I always do.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
damnation said:
me or airness?
Both of us i guess :p Yes i have a solid concept in mind and a structure as well. So i'm not that freaked out about whether my story will go anywhere. I dearly hope you do too damnation! By the way, your litto butt in the mud episode was inspirational. Butts are just excellent sources for ideas =)

and Ms. Safin, i agree completely with you! Although us kind of people are usually the ones to be still writing the damn thing the night before it's due :p Not very healthy.

monique66

Airness said:
Both of us i guess :p Yes i have a solid concept in mind and a structure as well. So i'm not that freaked out about whether my story will go anywhere. I dearly hope you do too damnation! By the way, your litto butt in the mud episode was inspirational. Butts are just excellent sources for ideas =)

and Ms. Safin, i agree completely with you! Although us kind of people are usually the ones to be still writing the damn thing the night before it's due :p Not very healthy.
haha...yeah i don't want to be writing it the day b4 either so i'm doing it now, good thing is that i have my trials at the end of this term so at least august will be free and i won't be so stressed :)

Alimoe_KG

HSC
damnation said:
haha...yeah i don't want to be writing it the day b4 either so i'm doing it now, good thing is that i have my trials at the end of this term so at least august will be free and i won't be so stressed :)
I got trials at beginning of term 3. Which sucks when you look at it from a 4U perspective but it rocks when you look at it from the perspective of the other subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)