Any advice from fellow year 12twelvers on these subjects ?? (1 Viewer)

Jaguar33

HSC
Hi guys, i was wondering for some advice on how to study for these particular subjects? Also such as, what were the hardest topics in these subjects that you felt needs more concentration than others? ( I know all is important but for example, my maths ext class found parametrics and circle geo the hardest this year)
Here are my subjects:

Legal Studies
Visual arts
Maths extension
Sor 1
Mathematics 2unitss
English advanced

Yesss i have 10 units :/

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Feel free to check out some of the following guides: (the first three are written by me:))

http://community.boredofstudies.org...how-excel-senior-year-studies-yr-11-12-a.html (from memory, includes specific advice for all your subjects besides studies of religion)

http://community.boredofstudies.org...-va-student-how-ace-your-va-theory-exams.html

http://community.boredofstudies.org...aduated-hsc-va-student-how-ace-your-bows.html

http://community.boredofstudies.org...21953/crobats-guide-hsc-english-advanced.html

Hope this helps a bit and best wishes for your senior studies:) (remember consistency is the key to success:))

hecticated

HSC
for maths, I recommend you try to do maths everyday, the aim is to expose yourself to as many different types of questions as you can. Even one question a day can probably benefit you. \
try to stay up to date and read a little bit ahead or go ahead with your tutor (if you have one).

Jaguar33

HSC
for maths, I recommend you try to do maths everyday, the aim is to expose yourself to as many different types of questions as you can. Even one question a day can probably benefit you. \
try to stay up to date and read a little bit ahead or go ahead with your tutor (if you have one).
Do you believe it's possible to get really good in mths & mths ext without a tutor? :/

dinomyte

HSC
Maths - practice gets you close to perfect. It really is just a matter of completing your homework and making sure you're exposed to all different kinds of questions. The hardest topics for most people is Binomial Theorem and Projectile Motion although I find Perms and Combs really hard as well. Parametrics is just a matter of getting lots of practice because it becomes a little mechanical over a while. Also yes circle geo can be hard - you may not do revision on circle geo in year 12 so I would advise doing self-revision on circle geo occasionally - probably not the best idea to cram it before the trials when it gets to crunch time. You don't need a tutor for maths tbh you only really need motivation, dedication to learning, and a helpful teacher. But it really depends individually - if you are struggling in maths and/or motivation, a tutor can give you the extra push.

English - Mod B usually the hardest because it's a critical study that relies highly on your personal interpretations of the text and also needs wide knowledge and understanding across the texts because the questions can ask you literally anything. But for english in general, write lots of essays, engage in the content and especially its philosophical ideas. You may end up enjoying english when you engage with the deep thinking behind each module ^_^

hecticated

HSC
Do you believe it's possible to get really good in mths & mths ext without a tutor? :/
definately! one of my friends came first in 2unit and she does not have a tutor. I know she does her homework most days and she is always reading haha.
Try to stay a little bit ahead so that you can consolidate your knowledge.
I mostly do 4u maths with my tutor and she gives me tips on how to do questions efficiently.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Visual arts gg
Jokes just make sure you work consistently hard on your major but at the same time don't sacrifice doing well in other subjects to get it done.

Maths ext...always try and do more difficult questions once you have the basics down

English Adv..............just say bye lol
Jokes after you go through the text in class, reread it for new insights and techniques. It could mean the difference between a 12/15 and 13/15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSC
Yes, but most schools don't finish the course until after the trials. If you're school is like that, then you'll be rushed in learning projectile motion and the binomial topic in extension 1 which are the hardest. Getting a tutor teaches you other topics which you are not learning at school yet, and allowing you to finish the course quickly so that all you are left to do is constantly revise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)