Antivirus software (1 Viewer)

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Do you realise if everyone took that option, virus writers would start making them for Mac? The only reason they don't get virus' currently is because more people have non-macs? :burn:
I'm not so sure about that one. OSX has more secure underlying foundations. It's a moot point though because Mac market share will never get to the point where hackers consider it a lucrative target. I hope so, because I like a) my secure Mac, and b) being in the minority.

PS Lol at even contemplating using Norton.

Shadow_Faith13

HSC
I'm not so sure about that one. OSX has more secure underlying foundations. It's a moot point though because Mac market share will never get to the point where hackers consider it a lucrative target. I hope so, because I like a) my secure Mac, and b) being in the minority.

PS Lol at even contemplating using Norton.
OSX is derived from FreeBSD and Unix, one of the more secure OSes of its time. Software is harder to execute without the user's consent. I could go on all day but Unix was designed with network stability in mind for all those corparate users. Windows was designed as a very flexable OS that would work with anything. It was designed to be open and easy to sharewith lax sercurity. Back then they had not idea the internet was gonna be this big...

They slapped on internet support. That's why Windows is so insecure, its core almost allows any excution. In Unix based systems such as Linux or Mac OS X, the person must log in as /root to complete any major kernel or OS level changes.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Annnywaaaay.....about antivirus programs....

I'm using AVG + firewall. No official Zonealarm for XP x64 :(

Shadow_Faith13

HSC
Annnywaaaay.....about antivirus programs....

I'm using AVG + firewall. No official Zonealarm for XP x64 :(
I don't use an Anti Virus... I haven't for 3 years and have been virus free. I just stay on trustable sites and use Firefox + Adblock Plus.

sunny

meh.
HSC
I don't use an Anti Virus... I haven't for 3 years and have been virus free. I just stay on trustable sites and use Firefox + Adblock Plus.
Thats brilliant! Its a top suggestion to the OP asking for advice on what AV programs are good to use!

The best thing you can do is to have a virus and not even know it :headbang:

smilesmilesmile

HSC
i used norton all my life so i dont noe y the hell ppl find it crap and laggy nd all that, theres a reason for it to be so popular.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
did you know that apple recently encouraged its users to use antivirus systems, not one, multiple. as soon as the media caught on, and reported it they took the page down, getting bad for there rep

HSC
I use zonealarm- its pretty kool.. as in trustworthy and stuff.. ive got it on maximum saftey and it comes up with alerts once in a while..

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I use zonealarm- its pretty kool.. as in trustworthy and stuff.. ive got it on maximum saftey and it comes up with alerts once in a while..
Comodo firewall pro > Zonealarm.

Comodo firewall you can forward ports. can't do that in standard ZA version.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
i used norton all my life so i dont noe y the hell ppl find it crap and laggy nd all that, theres a reason for it to be so popular.
the reason it is so popular, is because it comes with so many computers, people don't do the smart thing and un-install it instead they just keep paying for it

m4ngr0v3

HSC
yeah. I know a guy who has CA Security Suite 2007. When it expired we were going to put on ESS but he didnt cancel the autorenewal. now he is stuck with the 2007 version until 2010.

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
Thought avast was free? Keeps trying to make me sign-up for a fee...
So does AVG... is this just the website im trying to do it through? c-net?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)