Anti Islam converence lists Abbot (1 Viewer)

get_born

ahmad said:
the media alawys does that..not surprised
yeah true...but you gotta think that the main case is Douglas Wood who has been taken hostage and his family doing what they can to try and save him. His family even posted 30 sec tv ads on arab tv. The sheikh is excellent for helping, however he is just one of the many trying to save the hostage.

On the other hand...it is good for breaking down the barrier a bit. The sheikh and Alexander Downer never really got along. According to the Daily telegraph Downer never saw eye to eye with the sheikh. "As you can imagine Sheikh Elhilaly and I dont agree on a lot of issues, I wouldn't make any secret of that, but this isn't time for us to be passing comentary on each other,"

...and indeed this is true, i hope that after all this only more good may happen, and hopefully Douglas Wood comes back alright.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
last_chance said:
yeah true...but you gotta think that the main case is Douglas Wood who has been taken hostage and his family doing what they can to try and save him. His family even posted 30 sec tv ads on arab tv. The sheikh is excellent for helping, however he is just one of the many trying to save the hostage.

On the other hand...it is good for breaking down the barrier a bit. The sheikh and Alexander Downer never really got along. According to the Daily telegraph Downer never saw eye to eye with the sheikh. "As you can imagine Sheikh Elhilaly and I dont agree on a lot of issues, I wouldn't make any secret of that, but this isn't time for us to be passing comentary on each other,"

...and indeed this is true, i hope that after all this only more good may happen, and hopefully Douglas Wood comes back alright.
hopefully everything goes fine

get_born

ahmad said:
hopefully everything goes fine
yeah i think everybody wishes anyone in the situation the best. They must be terrified and i'd personally hate to be in his situation...i'd shit my pants.

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
Brack, couldnt have said it better myself! people underestimate the similarities between christianity and Islam and many christians unfortunataely consider it their "duty" to discredit Islam in any way possible, even if it means creating a fabrication. I find this extremely sad as Christians and Muslims worship the same God(although perhaps our perception of God is somewhat different) and we shouldnt be bickering among each other- right now the only threat to religion is secularism and atheism. we should be working together against that not arguing against fellow theists. People wake up!! stop sending hate messages. We both trace back to Abraham, we both worship the one and only God, we both believe in the prophets and Jesus(tho in a different way). Learning breeds understanding. Understanding breeds tolerance. Tolerance is important.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
SabtheLab said:
Brack, couldnt have said it better myself! people underestimate the similarities between christianity and Islam and many christians unfortunataely consider it their "duty" to discredit Islam in any way possible, even if it means creating a fabrication. I find this extremely sad as Christians and Muslims worship the same God(although perhaps our perception of God is somewhat different) and we shouldnt be bickering among each other- right now the only threat to religion is secularism and atheism. we should be working together against that not arguing against fellow theists. People wake up!! stop sending hate messages. We both trace back to Abraham, we both worship the one and only God, we both believe in the prophets and Jesus(tho in a different way). Learning breeds understanding. Understanding breeds tolerance. Tolerance is important.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SabtheLab again.

people have been saying tonnes of good stuff today....

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
Well i think what Hilaly did is to be expected from an Islamic point of view. We have an obligation to render our assistance in any way possible to save a persons life. Particularly considering the act would be perpetrated by another Muslim.

I can can probally see why the terrorists are going to these lengths and any sane person can understand why theyre upset, but i still dont agree with the way theyre going about it. Un-Islamic and counter-productive.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
right now the only threat to religion is secularism and atheism.
It's funny, you write this big post about Christian/Islamic tolerance, and yet this one sentance makes it seem like you're doing this exact same thing you're arguing against - making it about sides. You're either a Believer or not. Religion shouldn't be threatened by secularism/atheism any more than religious people should feel threatened by Atheists. Religion should be about what YOU feel, not a battle between what you feel and what other people want you to.

However, on that note,
Learning breeds understanding. Understanding breeds tolerance. Tolerance is important.
Tolerance isn't important. Acceptance is important. People should accept that everyone is different and believes things slightly different. They shouldn't just "tolerate" it. Although that may be just semantics if that's what you meant anyway.

HSC
Monkey Butler said:
It's funny, you write this big post about Christian/Islamic tolerance, and yet this one sentance makes it seem like you're doing this exact same thing you're arguing against - making it about sides. You're either a Believer or not. Religion shouldn't be threatened by secularism/atheism any more than religious people should feel threatened by Atheists. Religion should be about what YOU feel, not a battle between what you feel and what other people want you to.
I was following this thread and thinking much the same thing, but couldn't figure out how to say what you just did without sounding like I was on the offensive.

get_born

Monkey Butler said:

However, on that note,

Tolerance isn't important. Acceptance is important. People should accept that everyone is different and believes things slightly different. They shouldn't just "tolerate" it. Although that may be just semantics if that's what you meant anyway.
Correction...Tolerance is very important...it is when we start to tolerate others we begin to accept them. Making tolerance and acceptance both important. Now in regaurds to believing, i dont believe that if you dont believe in God makes you evil...although i may find it wrong... it is the good actions you do based on good intentions that really count...and as Brack said...Let God be the Jugde!

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
wikiwiki said:
Islam was an excuse for the arabic tribes to invade the Middle East.

how is that so?
arab tribes were not muslim
islam came to them and they already owned middle east
so when they accept islam...arabs became muslim

islam is not about land..its deeper then that

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
wikiwiki said:
Why do people think you are insane if you believe in "imaginary" friends, but if you believe in God it is something that should be respected?

people believe in God because theirs proof to back up their beliefs... and his existance... "imaginary" friends... well that's a completely different story because an imaginary freind is there only in the mind of the one who "imagines" the friend.. there is no justification that they are present in the minds of any other human being... there is no back up what so ever...

tempco

HSC
ahmad said:
and are u ABO? (sounds like it)
that was random. and uncalled for...

ahmad said:
u also sound stupid to me
i don't think wikiwiki sounds stupid. he/she seems to have done quite a bit of reading/thought... if someone's opinion doesn't match with yours, it doesn't mean they're stupid.

ahmad

HSC
N/A
nekkid said:
that was random. and uncalled for...

i don't think wikiwiki sounds stupid. he/she seems to have done quite a bit of reading/thought... if someone's opinion doesn't match with yours, it doesn't mean they're stupid.
IN MY OPINION I THIINK HE IS STUPID...i dont care if uthink otherwise

WonkaHead22

HSC
ahmad said:
no...the majority of people in the world believe in Islam

and are u ABO? (sounds like it)

u also sound stupid to me

hmm you cry when you are getting discriminated against , yet u discriminate others so freely

ahmad

HSC
N/A
WonkaHead22 said:
hmm you cry when you are getting discriminated against , yet u discriminate others so freely
im am no discrimination. It's a question?
i dont even know if he is aboriginal (are u saying it because i wrote ABO)
and at the end i gave my opinion of the person without knowing where he is from or what religion he believes in

ahmad

HSC
N/A
wikiwiki said:
I meant in Australia...

No? How the hell do I "sound like it"? Do aborigines have some kind of distinctive sound that can be detected from their posts on the internet? How the hell can you even hear what I am typing?

Not that it is any of your business, but I am Greek.

That is ok.

Thanks nekkid (and for the record it is "he").
ok

just had a suspicion and thought i would ask

at least u respect people's opinion, others think im discriminating all the time

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
wikiwiki, what do you mean by Synod?
And ahmad, ur slightly wrong. Islam is the second major religion, but being the fastest growing religion in the world, it's well on it's way ( Christians=1.9 billion, Muslims= 1.6 billion (getting closer))

Wiki, like youve just acknowledged, the Quran is for the world. Muslims back then attempted to convey Islam peacefully(sending envoys to different kings and asking them to learn about Islam). How it got into battles im not entirely sure. ill have to research it.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
ok im hearing different digits all the time
first i hear christianity is 1.5 bil
and islam 1.35bil
now christianity is 1.9 and islam 1.6?
then i hear islam has reached 1.5 even with christianity
thne i hear by 2020 islam will outnumber christianity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)