Anti Islam converence lists Abbot (1 Viewer)

Kulazzi

HSC
grag balbrady said:
i believe arab woman should be forced to remove their head garments as they could a) be hiding weapons of masss destruction and b) be used as disguises when holding up banks and agricultural factories (to steal the manure to make bombs to blow up iconic landmarks such as the sydney harbour bridge and merewether surf house)
why arab women?

tempco

HSC
Ignore tattoodguy... waste of space.

Kulazzi said:
why arab women?
Because they're deadly, and are capable of causing wide-spread havoc and destruction. I thought that was pretty obvious? I know a few, so trust me. :p

tattoodguy

thats spot on.

women shoudnt be aloud to wear those head scarfs or whatever the fuck there called..and those head to toe dress things..........because there has been a few situations where they have blown them selves up and also done armed robberies.

I think its illegal to wear balaclarvas in public or something and hide ur identity or atleast the police will stop and search you or question you....................but we allow potential terrorists to walk our streets.

Our police are fucked in the head... they would rather us be blown up than be seen as being politically incorrect.

Yeah osama is a good bloke -------------but he lives over seas ..........and isnt in australia, he isnt in australia poluuting my fucking country.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well i wasn't talking about you at all, i was talking about the people that are anti-christian in alot of these forums... and i don't think you're arab i was just using it as an example... and yes i know not all arabs are muslims, but alot of them are.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Maybe you don't Kulazzi but there's a fair bit of anti-christian shit around here lately. That's why people are targeting abbott so much, it's because he's christian, it's fairly weak... if someone was arab and in parliament no one would be carrying on about his beliefs without because called racist.
Spot on.
I'm not a very devout person, and I'll be the first to bag out the church... but some people here are really extreme. It apparently shows "liberal thinking" and "tolerance" to bag out Christianity.

Kulazzi

HSC
nekkid said:
Ignore tattoodguy... waste of space.

Because they're deadly, and are capable of causing wide-spread havoc and destruction. I thought that was pretty obvious? I know a few, so trust me. :p
actually, I was trying to point out that not all arab women wear the burqa or headscarf. Only muslim women. :p
But I seriously don't think they are capable of doing all that.

tempco

HSC
Regarding the event, I think it's disgusting that they were able to publicly announce an event like this... labelling it as "discrimination" just doesn't seem adequate...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well religious tollerance is all good, but other than buddhists mosts of these people's religions don't really teach RELIGIOUS tollerance, so of course these sorts of things happen...

tempco

HSC
Islam states that there is no compulsion in religion. It would be considered a sin to force someone to become a Muslim. I'm sure many other religions do have some sort of theoretical basis to religious tolerance. But we're not talking about religions here... we're talking about people.

tempco

HSC
Kulazzi said:
But I seriously don't think they are capable of doing all that.
I do... just as I'm sure there are some Mongolian farmers, Japanese tourists and Latino breakdancers who are able to kill large amounts of people for some distorted ideology if given the chance. I'm sick of generalisation, and it's pretty damn obvious when it comes to Arabs.

Kulazzi

HSC
nekkid said:
I do... just as I'm sure there are some Mongolian farmers, Japanese tourists and Latino breakdancers who are able to kill large amounts of people for some distorted ideology if given the chance. I'm sick of generalisation, and it's pretty damn obvious when it comes to Arabs.
*shrugs* we're all entitled to our own views

Vahl

HSC
Estel said:
Spot on.
I'm not a very devout person, and I'll be the first to bag out the church... but some people here are really extreme. It apparently shows "liberal thinking" and "tolerance" to bag out Christianity.
Spot on.

The Christian churches encourage bigotry, hatred and disunity.
Therefore they are the antithesis to tolerance. Thus a tolerant, aware and untainted citizen would attempt to do all they could to discredit the church, which represents the opposition to their values.

BTW Liberal thinking encompasses:

dictionary.com said:
Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.
Therefore opposition to the church is indeed a tenet of liberal thinking, however not that of the (un) Liberal Party of Australia

_

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Vahl3 said:
Spot on.

The Christian churches encourage bigotry, hatred and disunity.
Therefore they are the antithesis to tolerance. Thus a tolerant, aware and untainted citizen would attempt to do all they could to discredit the church, which represents the opposition to their values.

Therefore opposition to the church is indeed a tenet of liberal thinking, however not that of the (un) Liberal Party of Australia

_
The church as an institution may be disrespectful to some other ideas, but I ask this: is it desirable to be tolerant of other points of view when they completely lack merit?
How does the church encourage bigotry, hatred and disunity?
By asserting that opposing the chuch is a tenet of liberal thinking, aren't you succumbing to bigotry?

Vahl

HSC
Estel said:
The church as an institution may be disrespectful to some other ideas, but I ask this: is it desirable to be tolerant of other points of view when they completely lack merit?
How does the church encourage bigotry, hatred and disunity?
By asserting that opposing the chuch is a tenet of liberal thinking, aren't you succumbing to bigotry?

I do not oppose the right of individuals to there beliefs. However it is unacceptable that the collective society should be subject to the beliefs of any group in society, no matter how large or powerful. Example: the continuing failure in Australia to recognise the legitimacy of gay relationships in law, on the basis of the views of a majority.

Estel said:
No, I believe that I was in truth assaulting your argument that tolerance should extend to the acceptance of tolerance. Bigotry refers to the individual who practices intolerance, therefore I am not 'succumbing to bigotry' as much as I am demonstrating the opposition of freedom and confinement. ie Spirituality vs Religion.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Vahl3 said:
I do not oppose the right of individuals to there beliefs. However it is unacceptable that the collective society should be subject to the beliefs of any group in society, no matter how large or powerful. Example: the continuing failure in Australia to recognise the legitimacy of gay relationships in law, on the basis of the views of a majority.

No, I believe that I was in truth assaulting your argument that tolerance should extend to the acceptance of tolerance. Bigotry refers to the individual who practices intolerance, therefore I am not 'succumbing to bigotry' as much as I am demonstrating the opposition of freedom and confinement. ie Spirituality vs Religion.
What you asserted originally was that people should do all they could to discredit the church, and you couldn't be liberal if you did not support this. In order to prove this, you suggested the church represented bigotry, hatred and disunity.

Now you argue that all have rights to their beliefs, but society shouldn't be beholden to the church. That is a perfectly reasonable statment, but it doesn't support your above position. The problem is, there are examples where society is unwillingly beholden to minority groups such as homosexuals.

In regards to your example of church influence: What is the proof, that the gay relationships are not recognised in law because of the church? How do you know the majority support this opinion? What about the practicalities; that it would involve giving gay couples rights to adoption, that it would impose the doctrine of homosexuality on people who cannot choose, depriving them of opportunities to grow in normally functioning families.

Would you not agree that gay empowerment is a minority view? That feminism is a minority view? If we are going to oppose the church because it is a minority group imposing on society (incidentally it forms 70%+ of Australian society), why shouldn't we oppose the gay movement, which has done much influence already?

Bigotry: prejudice (oxford)
Isn't branding the church as you have done bigotry? The church has often fought to improve the rights of many people, improved living standards... and you choose to ignore that fact.

To assert that it is a prerequisite of liberalism that one oppose the church is akin to saying that one must oppose homosexuality to be liberal- they do, after all, wish to indoctrinate the young and withhold choice, act conspicuously to the point where the majority must suffer (Mardi Gras for example...).

SOME homosexual members suggest you're either with us or against us; there are always loonies on all sides. Saying the church should be opposed because of a few loonies is absolutely preposterous.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
His grin is rather funny...
Incidentally, did anyone else think that Abbot really sneakily twist the abortion debate?

edit: incidentally, my above tirade was the first time I'd defended Christianity in how long? 3 years?

Last edited:
S

Sheehan :)

tattoodguy said:
thats spot on.

women shoudnt be aloud to wear those head scarfs or whatever the fuck there called..and those head to toe dress things..........because there has been a few situations where they have blown them selves up and also done armed robberies.

I think its illegal to wear balaclarvas in public or something and hide ur identity or atleast the police will stop and search you or question you....................but we allow potential terrorists to walk our streets.

Our police are fucked in the head... they would rather us be blown up than be seen as being politically incorrect.

Yeah osama is a good bloke -------------but he lives over seas ..........and isnt in australia, he isnt in australia poluuting my fucking country.

youre country?

what about the womens right not to walk around showing off their bodies?
is this how shallow society has become?
oh and one more thing.ummmm....what was it?....oh yeah your a faggot!

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
i wonder if tattood guy fears for his safety everytime he sees a woman wearing a scarf......im sure ud like it betta if someone walked past u half naked, but u have a problem with covererd women.....yeh i can see how that inconviences u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)