Another Greenday tour. (1 Viewer)

heybraham

HSC
mmm_sofay said:
I have so heard much better Grenday songs then american idiot.
that song got too reptitive after the 6th time i heard on the radio in two days.
i found the american idiot song wayy too repetitive halfway thru my first listen

you know what? Greenday suck. Boulevard of Bullshit.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
Zyklon said:
Don't teenyboppers make up 90% of Green Day's fanbase? The other 10% being filled with pseudo-goths and punks.
considering im neiter teenybopper, pseudo-goth or punk id have to say no
same with my friends
we just love green days music

and i wouldn't say their new music is better or worse then the older stuff
just different

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
duckofdoom said:
You've got no idea how many people rubbed that into my face about not going. Go to hell !!! You know who you bloody are!!!

What are teenyboppers doing listening to GreenDay anyway? Shouldn't they be at home listening to Idol crap not jumping around?
they went to see simple plan
stupid emo crap
stupid teenyboppers
grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
wtf?
Greenday, simple plan etc... While Greenday does seem the 'deeper' band of the two, generally the same people would be going.

I'd challenge you to find a Simple Plan fan that doesn't like Greenday.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
wtf?
Greenday, simple plan etc... While Greenday does seem the 'deeper' band of the two, generally the same people would be going.

well the teenyboppers sitting behind us apparently
considering they went psycho the whole time simple plan was on
but as soon as simple plan left they sat down and glared at the world...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
That's odd, I thought while they may not have engaged with Green Day on as deep a level as their more 'mature' counterparts, u'd think they'd still enjoy the 'sound'.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
wtf?

Punk was nothing more than an empty vacuous movement for social disassociation.

Music nowdays is all about $$$.

*shrugs*

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
That's odd, I thought while they may not have engaged with Green Day on as deep a level as their more 'mature' counterparts, u'd think they'd still enjoy the 'sound'.
yeah well they didn't and it sucked
cos they yelled at us for enjoying greenday
even though we told them to get stuffed
it still tarnished the night

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
AsyLum said:

*shrugs*
Hahaha I realise what music is 'about', but I'm more focused on what people TAKE from music rather then what the music is attempting to convey.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Hahaha I realise what music is 'about', but I'm more focused on what people TAKE from music rather then what the music is attempting to convey.
Well you can apply that logic to anything cant you?

Since nothing holds inherent meaning and the construction of meaning is rather based solely upon the individual (within their respective context of course).

Liking Simple Plan and then liking Green Day (or vice verse) doesnt warrant much concern nowdays i wouldnt think. Both are popular acts vying for listeners in the top 40 region.

Liking is very different to being an 'emo' fuck.

2 c

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
AsyLum said:
Well you can apply that logic to anything cant you?

Since nothing holds inherent meaning and the construction of meaning is rather based solely upon the individual (within their respective context of course).

Liking Simple Plan and then liking Green Day (or vice verse) doesnt warrant much concern nowdays i wouldnt think. Both are popular acts vying for listeners in the top 40 region.

Liking is very different to being an 'emo' fuck.

2 c
Yea, well people can possibly take alot away from simple plan. However my other presumption would be that the Green Day fan's are probably more mature (older target audience), and therefore take more away from the music.

But basically I see no reason if you're a greenday fan to 'bag' simple plan.

slip

HSC
people rip simple plan off because all they do is cry about how hard there life is.

greenday has never done this. greenday has always written songs with a great meaning then simple plan. whether the topic is politics, suicide, death, heart break or purely fictional greendays lyrics have always been far more the just complaining, they either make a statement, and make a story into a entertaining and comical song. simple plan just cry. that is why greenday fans can dislike simple plan.

in the end who cares, you like what you like and if you dont like someone just because it is cool in the end it is your loss and no one elses.

the style of music greenday has written of late is not punk. but the content of the music lyrically is closer to punk origins then that of most so called punk bands today.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah i dont think musically speaking, green day ever achieved the punk-ness. Musically, everything Dookie and pre-Dookie, and to a lesser extent Insomniac, could be considered punk lyrics.

Nimrod though was where the change occured musically, imo.

slip

HSC
musically they are becomeing less and less punk

lyrically it could be argued they are more and more punk as punk was basically about politics

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Punk was used as a political tool, due mainly to its "rebellious" 'nature' but the majority of it carried very little because they lacked much of the substance compared to many of the great political activists/musicians

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:

*shrugs*
OOOOH LOOK AT ME

POLITICAL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)