Another Atar estimate :) (1 Viewer)

prawnyscrawny

HSC
N/A
hey all! new to this forum, marks aren't very good but can you please estimate my atar from the trials. Here are my marks only looking for an Atar of 60 do you think I can get it? These are my final marks/ranks.

Gen maths 52/62 55%
Religion 72/78 42%
Business 45/60 52%
Ancient History45/50 56%
English rank 20/82 72%

Will I be able to get above 60?? The atar calculator estimate says im on an * but can you guys give me an estimate since I see alot higher Atars. Can someone please estimate my atar?

cheers :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Then you should be able to get above 60. It's pretty difficult to see where you are now but I'm sure you're above 60.

enoilgam

HSC
Its difficult to say, but I reakon you should be able to just scrape a 60. Entering your raw percentages into the ATAR calculator will give you a false reading, because those marks are significantly moderated by BOS

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You go to a good school so really, 60+ is probably a given.

enoilgam

HSC
standard and @ engoilam is this prediction because I go to a well ranked school? People say I don't do very well scaled subjects and is this still achievable?
Yes, if you were at a school ranked outside the top 150, I'd say you would struggle to make 60

prawnyscrawny

HSC
N/A
Yes, if you were at a school ranked outside the top 150, I'd say you would struggle to make 60
Oh I see thanks for the estimate :)
You go to a good school so really, 60+ is probably a given.
Ohh, because these marks arent so good and it says on the Atar calculator im on * Is this because non of the marks are moderated or something? If i go like this in the HSC would you think I would still get 60?

MisterE

HSC
N/A
Ohh, because these marks arent so good and it says on the Atar calculator im on * Is this because non of the marks are moderated or something? If i go like this in the HSC would you think I would still get 60?
I wouldn't be using ATAR calculators unless you're pretty certain as to what your final scaled marks will be (and well, no one knows that). Just remember, it's half down, half to go. Go hard out for the HSC and a 60 (or perhaps even more) is very achievable. Just reach your potential, it's all you can ask for.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
The ATAR calculators use final HSC marks, not raw internal marks. And you don't know what your final HSC mark is right now. So don't use them.

prawnyscrawny

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't be using ATAR calculators unless you're pretty certain as to what your final scaled marks will be (and well, no one knows that). Just remember, it's half down, half to go. Go hard out for the HSC and a 60 (or perhaps even more) is very achievable. Just reach your potential, it's all you can ask for.

The atar calculator says I need to be around the 70s to get an atar of 60, do you guys think my subjects will scale to 70? Im only going well in english so I guess that can be pushed up a bit. Just wondering if any of people have come back with a correct estimate from you guys??

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Less than 60, maybe even less than 55. Subjects have low marks and also low scaling. My school is rank 30 and there's still afew mystery marks apparently.

prawnyscrawny

HSC
N/A
Less than 60, maybe even less than 55. Subjects have low marks and also low scaling. My school is rank 30 and there's still afew mystery marks apparently.
hmm what do you think will be my exact atar estimate?? Would I get above 50? haha

enoilgam

HSC
hmm what do you think will be my exact atar estimate?? Would I get above 50? haha
Trust me you will get 50+. My mate, who got 51 ATAR, failed nearly every exam throughout year 12 and he was ranked in the bottom 20% of all his subjects (his school rank was 280's)

prawnyscrawny

HSC
N/A
Trust me you will get 50+. My mate, who got 51 ATAR, failed nearly every exam throughout year 12 and he was ranked in the bottom 20% of all his subjects (his school rank was 280's)
Wow haha, what subjects did he do? Were they low scaling subjects like mine? :) haha

enoilgam

HSC
From memory:

General Maths
Standard
Legal Studies
IPT
Business studies
SOR 1

He was one of my best mates actually. I remember, we all thought he was going to get less than thirty (the day before he got his ATAR, he entered his results into a few calculators and they all said less than 30).

prawnyscrawny

HSC
N/A
From memory:

General Maths
Standard
Legal Studies
IPT
Business studies
SOR 1

He was one of my best mates actually. I remember, we all thought he was going to get less than thirty (the day before he got his ATAR, he entered his results into a few calculators and they all said less than 30).
wow, he must have been scaled up like a beast and they are really low scaling subjects! He probably was stoked when he got his Atar results, mate if your right im getting you a free BOS membership haha :) so maybe when the calculators say 30 they mean 50? haha :)

enoilgam

HSC
wow, he must have been scaled up like a beast and they are really low scaling subjects! He probably was stoked when he got his Atar results, mate if your right im getting you a free BOS membership haha :) so maybe when the calculators say 30 they mean 50? haha :)
He couldnt believe it when he got his results, I remember him calling me up that day and he was ecstatic. It was funny because he was over the moon just to get an ATAR, whilst a family friend was devestated because he got 97.8 and not 99. As for the ATAR calculators, generally speaking they can be very accurate - just because it was wrong for him doesnt mean its going to be wrong for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)