Andrew Johns retires (1 Viewer)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
I don't agree that he was a good role model though.

Especially when you remember the incident where he called the sideline ref a "f*cking c*nt", and when, after the knights lost to the eels last year and he beat JT's record, when he refused to go out to accept the match ball.
Cos REf was fucking cunt - you need a role-model that can stand up to shit. not some pussy kinda guy.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
newcastle certainly prove that they can win games without johns, so its a step forward, which they did against souths today

HSC
jemsta said:
newcastle certainly prove that they can win games without johns, so its a step forward, which they did against souths today
Didnt we win all the games this year without Joey?

Bricktop

HSC
HotShot said:
Johns was magnificent player - not only in his ability as five-eight, captain but the fact that he handled himself extremely on and off the field. Considering league - with the like Gower, Mason, and fingering asshole (forget his name, cant belive I forget his name).

Johns is definetly an ideal model for youngsters, he played to win and at the end ensured that he had fun. He displayed loyalty, by playing with only the knights and not switching codes.

He ensure the he entertained the fans. And he showed that he was a great sportsman. You can be bloody good player in terms of skills, but to have possess the right personality, leadership and combine that with his abilities is not an easy task.

He made the right decision, he wasnt stupid or anything like that.

Now, his league is over, get him back on 20/20 now!.
I stopped reading as soon as you said that he played five-eighth.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Didnt we win all the games this year without Joey?
that is true after the game against the dragons
but i was referring that throughout his career...his influence on the knights is phenomenal

Bricktop said:
I stopped reading as soon as you said that he played five-eighth.
haha thats what you get when people think they know their stuff and jump on the bandwagon

SyCoTiC

HSC
HotShot said:
Cos REf was fucking cunt - you need a role-model that can stand up to shit. not some pussy kinda guy.
That's not exactly standing up, that's having a good ol' hissy fit which is in no way being a role model. He should've kept his head on his shoulders and took it in and stay professional about it all and I have seen players who have been in a lot worse situations and have been able to handle it as a professional athlete. In my books, that would be the most stupid thing to do by swearing on national TV and he has gone and shown that he can't handle a situation himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)