Am I the only who finds the HSC... (1 Viewer)

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
agirlinatutu said:
Get over it sunshine, you can't changes the rules just because the princess in your doesnt think they are fair.
Your phrase after the comma makes no sense. Care to reword?

Last edited:

Prosper

HSC
The scaling makes it fair. By "school scaling" I assume you mean the process in which all the exam marks for the school are divvied up to the students of that school based on there ranks and assessment mark differences? This is entirely fair. If you are in a "dumb" school there is an easy fix, rank 1st, then nothing anyone else does will affect you. If you want that 99.95 uai then go get all band 6s. If you do "bad scaling" subjects and do extremely well at all of them then you WILL get a really nice UAI. I know someone who did subjects such as Art, S&C and others which don't scale the best but she got a 99.90 uai.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
jaggy snake said:
..completely and utterly grossly UNFAIR?
No. Work hard- get good marks- get good UAI- get into Uni cause you worked hard and got good marks. Pretty fair.

michael1990

HSC
seano77 said:
No. Work hard- get good marks- get good UAI- get into Uni cause you worked hard and got good marks. Pretty fair.
Most UNI lecturers believe the HSC is a waste. They believe its all about memory. So i suppose thats not right.

If someone has a fantastic memory they will be more likely to get better results. Such as in english.

lorikeet

New Year's Eve
HSC
Ok this is ridiculous. There's about a billion threads that detail in depth all of this.

Basically, the BOS and UAC have done everything they can to make it as fair as possible.

It's too late to do anything, so quit questioning it and do your best.

lionking1191

HSC
michael1990 said:
If someone has a fantastic memory they will be more likely to get better results. Such as in english.
i think you are confusing cause and correlation there

HSC
well it will alwais be unfair if you do shit in it...but when you do well you'll tell everyone that they're being sourpusses and that the hsc is the fairest thing in the world...thats what makes us human...woot!

michael1990

HSC
lionking1191 said:
i think you are confusing cause and correlation there
I suppose i didn't take into account of writing essays and such.

But what i am saying its a memory game (with a little bit of intelligence needed).

ashik1

HSC
jaggy snake said:
completely and utterly grossly UNFAIR?
/disagree?
just try your best and some ppl better stop stalking me

dpospination

HSC
the Board of Studies system makes it fair, by (for example, moderation) ensuring consistency across the states for all students marks.

Mr Integrity

HSC
f**k me dead, you ppl can wine.
f**k how the system runs, just bear in mind that every internal assessment goes towards your UAI, so do your best in every assessment.
Yeah, as a wise someone said earlier in the thread, focus on the things YOU can change, put the effort and commitment in and hopefully you'll see the marks.

michael1990

HSC
dpospination said:
the Board of Studies system makes it fair, by (for example, moderation) ensuring consistency across the states for all students marks.
Disagree.
They make it fair to a point.

Take English and Mathematics for example.
Mathematics, you're either right or wrong, simple.
English, you have to try and get what the marker wants. Something to grab the markers attention to make yours stand out from the rest.

So is that fair?

over9k

HSC
english is okay. it's the easiest subject to rote-learn. just memorise a few essays and you're done.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
michael1990 said:
Disagree.
They make it fair to a point.

Take English and Mathematics for example.
Mathematics, you're either right or wrong, simple.
English, you have to try and get what the marker wants. Something to grab the markers attention to make yours stand out from the rest.

So is that fair?
marking criteria and double-marking are used to ensure consistency in marking for writing-based subjects. maybe it's not as infallible as right/wrong questions, but since the alternative is removing all writing from the HSC and replacing it with multiple choice questions, you'll probably just have to live with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)