• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Am I The Only one that sucks at Mathematical Induction?? (1 Viewer)

Viper

HSC
I just thought i'd tell you guys that i got an addition PMI question in the trial, and i got it out!! I was so proud... problem is that they are only worth 3 marks!

Oh well... I dont suck at induction that much any more... ive been working on it

Cheers

Nezz

HSC
Induction is the worst!!!!
i only just managed to get my first one right today and it was a very easy one... here's hoping for a similar one in the HSC!!!

Any tips for doing the 3rd step???

Sammmmmuel

I also hate mathematical induction... Perhaps if i did 4 unit maths like my friends there would be someone that i could say "induction is easy man" to. Oh well theres still 5 weeks to go till the nightmare on uai street begins, time enough to get the hang of this stuff (i hope)

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
a tip with induction. if you cant get it out, do heaps of working and keep trying. then at the end even if you cant get it write the conclusion anyway. Therefore by PMI blah blah....

I know some people who couldnt prove the thing but wrote in the conclusion that it was proven and so they got most of the marks. youve go nothing to lose.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Nezz
Induction is the worst!!!!
i only just managed to get my first one right today and it was a very easy one... here's hoping for a similar one in the HSC!!!

Any tips for doing the 3rd step???
yeah, another tip is to always look at the answer your trying to prove and work yourself towards the answer...and if ur stuck u might even work backwards from the other side and try to make it equal...:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)