am i capable of doing 4u maths? (1 Viewer)

undalay

HSC
Guys, realise that 21 hours a week translates to

One past paper a day.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
undalay said:
Guys, realise that 21 hours a week translates to

One past paper a day.
Exactly. That's my point and some people don't understand that.

To Aplus: isn't it 40%? Or are you just saying that Mathematics Extension 2 takes up more time than it needs to?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
It might be 40%, but I'd say realistically 60%

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Continuum said:
60% is a pretty big investment...
I know. I don't get much interest from studying maths anyway.

I better change my bank for maths.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
I don't get much interest from studying maths anyway.
Then why are you doing accelerated HSC Mathematics Extension 1 and (I'm assuming), moving on to do HSC Mathematics Extension 2. That shows some interest lol.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
Then why are you doing accelerated HSC Mathematics Extension 1 and (I'm assuming), moving on to do HSC Mathematics Extension 2. That shows some interest lol.
Interest as in "dividends you get from the money you deposit" not as in "fun".

YO!

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
Maths Exstension 2 should yield some dividends in the form of a much higher UAI if you perform well in the subject.

OMG!! I sound like an ECONOMICS NERD! :uhoh:

Namu, check your inbox, I've sent you a PM.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
YO! said:
Maths Exstension 2 should yield some dividends in the form of a much higher UAI if you perform well in the subject.

OMG!! I sound like an ECONOMICS NERD! :uhoh:

Namu, check your inbox, I've sent you a PM.
I didn't receive one.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
What a terrible misunderstanding on my part :uhoh:

YO!

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
I didn't receive one.
woops, I accidently sent the PM to myself. Don't worry about it though, I've had my question answered. Thanks!

eliseliselise

HSC
lyounamu said:
loL!!

you just tell yourself that you're having fun!! & then u go into some crazed and delusional state that makes you think it actually IS fun!!! ..... its the placebo effect [like that last qu in that retarded waste of time CSU chemistry quiz thing] , on the front of my text book i've scrawled "fun with.." on top of new century mathematics ;) works a treat!!

quite frankly-- it takes up HEAPS OF TIME!!! & kids around my area have started inventing little rhythmic interludes to fill in spare time between periods, such as the "pythagorean rap", "two pi r, my lord", "sexy tan and cosy cot: a novel", & the infamous childrens books "locus and the parabola: the lost parametric equation." & "the adventures of Sir. Cumference".

but... with trials coming up.. one just has to chill out, relax, zen etc and realise that within 3 months -- it will ALL BE OVER!! YESSSSS!!!!! party time!! but, also put the work in without getting stressed, its all impossible to orchestrate but one can attempt neway...!

o.bi.sess, no i dont go to St. G unfortunately, i go to another fine educational institution which has a school song that goes along the lines of "red! green! yellow! blue! harmony and friendship, too!! years of loyalty will [rit.] staaaaand. byyyy. yooooooooou." in regard to the CoS, i've been recently talking to groaning gertrude & i think i'm onto something.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
You're giving me false hope aren't you?
My sister makes 4U Maths sound like the hardest thing on Earth, and here you are making it sound easy. I think I'm getting some false hope as well ...

conics2008 said:
mechanics: projecticle, SHM and basically motion factoring in air resistence
OKAY .. THAT SOUNDS SCARY.

Aplus said:
4 Unit = Sacrifice 60% of your time to mathematics
Man. I guess I'm going to have to shift some time from Japanese. It takes 40% of my study time. Should I drop it? It's like a crap subject with crap scaling.

YO!

Banned
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
My sister makes 4U Maths sound like the hardest thing on Earth, and here you are making it sound easy. I think I'm getting some false hope as well ...

OKAY .. THAT SOUNDS SCARY.

Man. I guess I'm going to have to shift some time from Japanese. It takes 40% of my study time. Should I drop it? It's like a crap subject with crap scaling.
I say drop it if it's a crap scaler AND a crap subject AND it takes up a massive portion of your study time.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
YO! said:
I say drop it if it's a crap scaler AND a crap subject AND it takes up a massive portion of your study time.
yeah but a bit of me wants to keep it, just incase I screw up in one of my other subjects. I'm also considering doing 4U Maths, and if I suck at it, I can't drop it in year 12 as I'll only have 10 Units provided that I drop Japanese.

YO!

Banned
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
yeah but a bit of me wants to keep it, just incase I screw up in one of my other subjects. I'm also considering doing 4U Maths, and if I suck at it, I can't drop it in year 12 as I'll only have 10 Units provided that I drop Japanese.
Economics, MX2, Maths 3U, Physics, Studies of Religion I, Ad. English and EX1.

Yes?

Even though you've missed a year of S.O.R, it's very VERY easy to catch up. Heck, you don't even need to catch up! It's an entirely different course in year 12 and it is very easy, doesn't require much if any study, and it scales quite well. That way, if you decide to drop 4 unit, you've got a back up.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
YO! said:
Economics, MX2, Maths 3U, Physics, Studies of Religion I, Ad. English and EX1.

Yes?

Even though you've missed a year of S.O.R, it's very VERY easy to catch up. Heck, you don't even need to catch up! It's an entirely different course in year 12 and it is very easy, doesn't require much if any study, and it scales quite well. That way, if you decide to drop 4 unit, you've got a back up.
haha. You confused me a bit there. But I'm not really into the whole religion stuff. :sleep:

YO!

Banned
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
haha. You confused me a bit there. But I'm not really into the whole religion stuff. :sleep:
I think if you give 40% of your study time to MX2 instead of Japanese, you're pretty much guaranteed (sp?) to succeed in it. It's quite unlikely that you'd go bad, unless you're bad at maths as it is (in which case, I don't think you'd be doing MX2).

If I were you, I'd drop Japanese.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
YO! said:
I think if you give 40% of your study time to MX2 instead of Japanese, you're pretty much guaranteed (sp?) to succeed in it. It's quite unlikely that you'd go bad, unless you're bad at maths as it is (in which case, I don't think you'd be doing MX2).

If I were you, I'd drop Japanese.
Yup, I'll look into it. Thanks YO!

I think I perform better in mathematical related subjects :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)