Am I being ripepd of? (1 Viewer)

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Got a new job (and it is great, best ever, although I took a pay cut to accept it), 12 month contract fulltime. For those 12 months I will be 17 for 6 weeks, 18 for 46 weeks. I am being paid $10.41 an hour (for the full 12 months). is thsi below minimum wage.

greekgun

HSC
Dunno if its under min wage but it depends on how u look at the situation. Im 18 now and im getting paid like 14 or so dollars, and 18 (i think) on a sunday. So compared to that ur pay is fairly shit. But, it seems u like ur job, which means that ur job will come with less stress, the time will fly cuz u like wat ur doing and u have some job security because ur locked in a contract.

greekgun

HSC
Just curious, u said u accepted a pay cut to get the job, wat was the rate originally?

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Not for this job sorry. I meant my old job which I left to take this one payed better.

adnan91

HSC
Im not an expert but 10.40 full time 12 months contract is a rip off it should be atleast 15+ man espically for 18 year old. Im 17 and a casual and make $21.10 an hour but not computer draftman. But i rkn ull gain some really good experience

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
When you're on a 12 month contract that pay is a joke. I would not accept it.

savio23q

Band
HSC
Generally, full-time and part-time workers get less than casuals, so I'd say you're not really being ripped off. Sure, you can earn a bit more in other places but you have a full-time contract here. Are you entitled to any other benefits? i.e. holidays, sick days etc..

zomg said:
holy crap, what do you do?

im 17 and i earn 9.50 an hour :S
This is guy is being ripped off..lol
Where do you work? I'm 17, almost 18 and I earn $11.27

Last edited:

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
if it's a part-time or full-time contract (not casual), it doesn't sound THAT bad. You get paid less than casual workers but you get regular work hours and possibly other benefits (sick leave, paid accured days off...etc).

I remember i applied for a position at woolies; the casual rate for me (i'm 21) was like $20-21 an hour or something but the full-time/part-time rate was a few bucks less per hour. Can't remember exactly, can any woolies workers confirm?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
do you actually do anything much adnan

adnan91

HSC
Im brand new but from what ive seen and asked other lifeguards working, they hardly ever need to get into the water and lifeguarding is mostly walking around scanning the pools. mainly wat ive seen u always get those crazy lebs making trouble thats abt it

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Im brand new but from what ive seen and asked other lifeguards working, they hardly ever need to get into the water and lifeguarding is mostly walking around scanning the pools. mainly wat ive seen u always get those crazy lebs making trouble thats abt it
agreeed. hahah

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Yes i get sickleave, annual leave and those entitlemnts etc.

savio23q

Band
HSC
zomg said:
i know, everyone i know my age earns more than i do
i work at subway lol.
so im guessing its close to minimum wage.
where do you work?

ps im not a guy
My bad! :)
I work at Domino's Pizza. Sucks monkey balls. Hours are shocking. On a good week, I get 10-12 hours. Shit week is about 2-6. Seen as i'm one of the older "in-stores" they're trying to push me out the door coz i'm getting more expensive (they can get a 15 year old to do what I do).

They want me to become a driver...lol. Fuck that, i'm not using my car to drive pizza around for an extra $1.20...

I think subway would be better to work at honestly. Don't other Subway franchises pay their employees more? Is it actually up to the franchise to set the wage for employees (so long it complies with the law)?

davidbarnes said:
Yes i get sickleave, annual leave and those entitlemnts etc.
Then I don't think you're really getting ripped off.

Last edited:

sdo

HSC
N/A
the minimum wage is about $14.30 ph

You can check at fairpay.gov.au

spagbowl

bread.
HSC
hey i work at dominos too but i'm getting paid more than the subway girl. dominos sucks but its real easy work.

i think it's ok to get paid a bit less than other people if your job is way easier, but not too much less...

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I get 30/hour and i would rather do a job that is enjoyable then one that is boring but with higher pay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)