Am confused about travel concession?? (1 Viewer)

spiderpig333

first year B.A.
HSC
So I got the ID and it says the thing that I do get a travel concession and then I went on the official bus website "APPLICATION FOR A YEARLY OR QUARTERLY TRAVELPASS" and it says "CONCESSION FARES NOT AVAILABLE"????!!
I do not understand I thought a yearly would be best..?

Alex499

HSC
Umm they don't give concession discounts for yearly or quarterly tickets?
duh.

It's not worth buying a yearly ticket anyway. It wasn't even worth me buying a weekly one last year. going to uni three days a week for less than half the year isn't that expensive.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hmmm, they give concessions for half yearly tickets. Just buy it under student....[but I'm referring to the flexi-pass]

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Just jump on wearing dark sunglasses and pretend to be asleep. Legally they can't wake you or touch you /thread haha
They will still do it, I've been shaken awake by transit officers several times. They get shitty when you snap at them for doing it too.

spiderpig333

first year B.A.
HSC
Ok thanks for the answers.

Also to Alex499 "Umm they don't give concession discounts for yearly or quarterly tickets?
duh."

How does that warrant a duh??! My father told me to buy a yearly that's why i'm asking!!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I thought flexipasses can't be used on buses and trains - only the travelpasses?

edit: anyway, just wait for myzone.
I only need it to get from station A to Redfern anyway. Walk from Redfern to uni.

Soubrette

HSC
Ok thanks for the answers.

Also to Alex499 "Umm they don't give concession discounts for yearly or quarterly tickets?
duh."

How does that warrant a duh??! My father told me to buy a yearly that's why i'm asking!!
I used to get the FlexiPass for the duration of the semester when I was at uni 4+ days (at the suggestion of my father... haha). Here's the pdf.

http://www.cityrail.info/tickets/commuter/FlexiPass_Application.pdf

Although I was at UTS so didn't need to catch a bus. Now at Usyd I don't think this covers the bus, but have a look anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)