Already know their results... (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
basically there was just a line of code as u entered the page saying if time is this don't show this... before u logged on... he made a new login thing without that.

neuro_logik

HSC
Very neat hack. I commend the person who found the flaw from a computer security stand point, not as a HSC student.
BoS really need to fix up their security if something like this can happen.

Last edited:

neuro_logik

HSC
Pretty stupid to put them up early, but not willing to give them to us now. I just hope they don't get DoS attacked on Friday or I'll be very angry and have to use the phone, which is $1ish a minute.

S

Shuter

neuro_logik said:
Pretty stupid to put them up early, but not willing to give them to us now. I just hope they don't get DoS attacked on Friday or I'll be very angry and have to use the phone, which is $1ish a minute.
I regoed for the SMS in addition I'll check online. I tihnk I can spare the $1.10 it costs.

Moose

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
basically there was just a line of code as u entered the page saying if time is this don't show this... before u logged on... he made a new login thing without that.
This isn't true. If you look at the main page after you login, you will see it calls a Javascript function with a word like "WEBT007" or "WEBT005" when you wish to view a page. The page created simply made it call the function with a similar word but one not on the page YET (this was guessed by whoever made the page presumably by trial and error, not hard). The fact that it was not on the page YET would be the only "time lock" present...

The reason the student number was needed was to access information specific to the student. The PW field that was required by the page was an encoded version of the login password (I am guessing this), which changed each time a new session was created.

A similar page could have been made which accessed the "change email" page or similar page which is linked to already. It would've been exactly the same, EXCEPT for the fact that it called the javascript function with a different phrase.

There was no individual "hacker" who "opened up" the "time lock" and made the results viewable. Every single person who used that page did EXACTLY the same thing the person who initially discovered it did.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Exactly, it's just two days. Why can't people wait for two days? I don't understand. Almost all candidates are aged seventeen to nineteen, so I don't see problem with waiting.

I found it disgusting how the shadow minister demanded that Andrew Refshauge apologise to the rest of the students. If anything I'd round up the 101 and have <b>them</b> apologise. But that's not going to happen.

I also find it silly how you've got the uproar of students saying "release them now!" A great deal of students are relying on a UAI, and it's already been mentioned that your HSC results are different from your UAI due to the algorithms implemented. If anything, the results on Friday, the UAI on Saturday is a great idea. As I said before, the people who cried "unfair" should grow a pair and deal with it.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
eez said:
shut the fuck up
and you know that people without patients will fail in uni because?
have you been down that road?
Have you done a full study on ppl with no patients compaired to people with patiants?

Some things are worth waiting for
we all have waited over a month and with 2 days left, it is no big deal
Sorry I didn't mean to be mean. I couldn't help it. It was funny. You spelt patience two different ways and it has made me day.

eez

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
Sorry I didn't mean to be mean. I couldn't help it. It was funny. You spelt patience two different ways and it has made me day.
haha yeh I know I cant spell
thats why im failing English

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
SMH said:
Matthew, of Murray High School in Albury, cracked the code at 10pm.

"There was a zip file being passed around with a website [address]," he said. "I got it from a friend who got it through a cousin in Sydney."

And bingo, Matthew got one band 5 mark and the rest were band 6. He is now confident of studying aeronautical science next year at the University of Sydney.

Could this be Xayma?

Last edited:

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
lol yes it is xD

rofl all dis publicity abt the early results is cool coz im one of the 100 students ^^ and my results were suprisingly good o_O

Acid

HSC
See - I told you it was real. Everyone thought I was lying when I posted up about it before the thread got deleted... :) I know it's only a few days to wait, but as if any of you would have denied the opportunity to see your results a little earlier if it was given to you! I still don't know my UAI, so maybe one of you could help me with a prediction?

Marks - Bus. Stud.: 94; Eco.: 93; Maths 2U Adv.: 91; Eng Adv.: 89; Mod. Hist: 89; Hist Ext: 44/50
Ranks - Bus. Stud.: 1/20; Eco.: 1/16; Maths 2U Adv.: 2/22; Eng Adv.: 10/44; Mod. Hist: 7/30; Hist Ext: 2/13

Missed out on all rounders by a bee's pecker! :(

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Acid said:
See - I told you it was real. Everyone thought I was lying when I posted up about it before the thread got deleted... :) I know it's only a few days to wait, but as if any of you would have denied the opportunity to see your results a little earlier if it was given to you! I still don't know my UAI, so maybe one of you could help me with a prediction?

Marks - Bus. Stud.: 94; Eco.: 93; Maths 2U Adv.: 91; Eng Adv.: 89; Mod. Hist: 89; Hist Ext: 44/50
Ranks - Bus. Stud.: 1/20; Eco.: 1/16; Maths 2U Adv.: 2/22; Eng Adv.: 10/44; Mod. Hist: 7/30; Hist Ext: 2/13

lol there really cool marks, congrats........id say 95+

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
Acid said:

congrats

you'll be looking at least a 90+

*sigh* if only i got those marks last year :(

Acid

HSC
I was hoping to do Commerce a UNSW, but since i'm on Access as well I may be able to squeeze in to Commerce/Law. Do I have a chance?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Zarathustra said:
Could this be Xayma?
Yes, but it makes it seem like I did by saying I cracked the code :confused:

budj

HSC
So Xayma, what were your marks. did yo get any phonecalls saying u toppedanything?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)